Dead Trees Litigious world

Nland

Treehouser
Hello all,
What type of work do you say no to? What have you turned down recently? What challenges do you embrace and whats not worth the risk/money?
thanks,
Noah

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why you asking?
I looked at a job today that has me asking. Large dead trees surrounded by living smaller trees and a well cared for turf. All lake front no crane access and a stuffy home owners association. Part of me wants to say no thanks and the other part wants to make a plan with a good team and sort it out. Its likely an 8ish day job. Huge pain in the ass potential.

Come up with a price, add a bunch for unforeseen circumstances, then add the PITA fee, then add some more. There's plenty of things to worry about on a technically challenging job. You want money to be way down low on that list.

Every contractor faces the same challenges with the tree.

Spec it thoroughly. Price it to match what You Want for making it happen.

Pics?

The oak mush bag I just did I had to change plans from rigging it out to precision piecing it apart and fixing the turf. But very little turf damage occurred, nothing a potato fork couldn’t fix.

Looks like there are plenty of rigging and tie in points. But a crane would make that job real quick.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah the removals have options its beating the piss out of everthing else I don't trust them to work with me on. It sprwals alot more than shown and everthing rigged or bombed would hang. There's a quarter mile Avant ride with the material through the only gate and the rigs will block the only in and out. I'm pretty certain ill pass. If it happens I'll have to revisit in the winter when all the second home folks go back to Florida. It did make me curious to ask everyone about limits and preferences. Im a new business owner (3 years) with about 5 years in the game. Its not uncommon for me to come across somethimg new and puzzling.

Size? Species?

Span rigging?

Armored dropzones?

Controlled speed lining?

Ask them their acceptable impact?

Looks like a lot of root zones to protect; turf should be mulch beds, I'd guess.

Crane to lift material over the house from the lawn?

Crane radius to near and far side of the tree?

Back