Dead bird

Cool site and idea!

A couple years ago I was riding my bike early one day around the local HS, happened to look up and watched a bird smash into a window, it was crazy to witness.

In the country, maybe close to 50 years ago, a wood pecker smashed into the side of my dad's car while driving, like collision trajectories. He hit the door panel with a loud bang. He was still alive but his beak was destroyed. Poor bird. My father terminated him with the 22 rifle.

Is that fishing line or kite string? I take a pretty dim view of (semi)disposable synthetic lines in general. It's a particularly egregious form of pollution that has long lasting effects in the environment.
I think it was braided ice fishing line. Poor thing fluttered itself to death. And it's a robin, state bird.

The weirdest bird strike we ever had at the house was a spruce grouse that ran into the side of the house... didn't hit a window at all. Strange deal for sure but never has happened since.
... as ground nester s their big defense tactic is fly straight up vertical like a heli then at a certain height (usually like ten feet) fly straight across horizontal like a plane ... many times into something , small but tasty Bird dinner

Back