Chainsaw safety

Oh, well. Looks like a cool house from what I can see, and a front yard fireplug adds a little piece of mind. I'd still buy it. I wonder if the treeco did an inspection, and made a sensible removal recommendation?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was too polite to ask my neighbor but I am guessing they did. The tree guys tried to talk to me about total removal. I said I agree but I am just fixing the light… not my house.

More Update. My neighbor has already moved out. I sent him a picture of the tree. Avoided telling him about the lamp. Last time I went out and helped him clear the driveway. As soon as he found a treeco he told me he did not need me anymore. Today he texted me back offering me the tree job. I was tempted but my gut and my head is telling me no way. I told him it was too big for me. (Truth)
There is nothing left above it. The last codom was the same. The treeco cut it free with a big saw while standing in a bucket. Negative rigged it onto the main trunk making for a very heavy dynamic force.
I don’t have a big saw, nor bucket, nor heavy bull rope, nor chipper, nor trailer and especially not the experience.

Update: treeco rolled up 8:30 on Saturday. So glad it’s a weekend so I can watch how they do it. So far just two men with a trailer and a pole saw. Standing around planning the operation.

It’s been 1 hour 20 minutes since they rolled up and all the brush is minced in the trailer and the big wood is on the ground and almost all bucked into chunks and cookies.

1) set portawrap
2) used thrownline to
set running bowline with long tagline.
3) rig over natural crotch on the remaining leader slightly to right and not much higher
4) ground man cuts up the foliage on the ground
5) use power pole saw to cut 10” diameter branches that are hanging down.
5) lead guy starts walking down the leaning leader
6) decides not to tie off the rigging line on porty?
7) walks it down and it slides mostly off the remaining trunk.
8) pulls it the rest of the way with tagline.

Throwing cookies on top of the minced brush. Surprised how much fits in that trailer!

Attachments

• IMG_9656.jpeg
    IMG_9656.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Back