Beyond Chaps , Pants ... opinions

Altissimus

TreeHouser
been through many pairs chaps , now prefer pants ... had a pair of Husqvarna badged winter weight then a pair forest something something , need new now ... probably summer weight with room for layers now. What's out there that's good ?? No in advance to anything with highly reflective panels sewn in ... thanks in advance for opinions , Dave

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So , alot ... have doubt s for my own use if I would like climbing in them or need the fireproof grade ... but I have a pair in mind

It seems like most are migrating to pants. I can’t see using them for my style though. I climb in Wrangler outdoor pants- awesome stretchy fabric and zipper pockets. In warmer weather, I prefer to remove chaps when not cutting. There isn’t a discipline issue with putting them on so I may never wear the pants.

Clogger zero are the lightest and coolest for warm weather. I could use a little more room in them though...
I really like the Arborwear Ironwood for cooler weather. They still have vents if it warms up a bit. They're cut much more like regular pants and fit me better. They have come out with a lighter, summer weight pair now (dogwood?). I'll probably buy a pair in the spring.
My favorite are the Pfanner vents, not the gladiator ones. Just impossible to get and a bit more than the others.
I can't be bothered to put a pair of chaps on, plus the extra bit of padding with spurs on is great for long days.

Lots of people seem to like them.

I just got two pairs of clogger zero gen 2’s. I got two pairs of the black and red elevated edition. I went up a size and had the pants hemmed up. Been great around here above 40 Deg F. But with the upsize I can fit my thermal pants underneath so I’m good year round now.

I just got two pairs of clogger zero gen 2’s. I got two pairs of the black and red elevated edition. I went up a size and had the pants hemmed up. Been great around here above 40 Deg F. But with the upsize I can fit my thermal pants underneath so I’m good year round now.

1. Chainsaw pant are not meant to be worn in spray-on size ie skin tight.

2. How thick are your thermal pants?

🤪

I already owned the orange pair of them. I was between sizes with a 31x30 frame but due to too much gym activity my thighs and butt made the extra small fit tight. They didn’t look bad but I blew the crotch in half 6 months into owning them. So I gave them to one of my guys that are skinnier. Even the xs was too long so this time I bought small and had them hemmed. They fit amazing and my girl says my butt still looks good in them 🙃 I have a lot of different weights of thermals but there all like an under armor compression fitting, close to skin if not skin tight

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Been working on the ground a couple weeks with no complaints about fit with sweatpants underneath , had a pretty good wind event here and have had to climb with them as well , no problemos

Back