Before & After Tree Care

heres a nice tulip we reduced last year
Great work! We have a lot of lirios here, but no standalones to make such greeat shots. ??s:
Had it been reduced before?
What time of year was the work done?
Where in Germany is it? I'm going to Heidelberg this summer.
Was your pruning just to mitigate branch failure risk, or were there basal issues as well?
Were there written specs, or was it done purely by instinct?
The response should be something to see. If you can post pics from the same locations a year later, I'd paypal ya $20 for your trouble. I'd like to add them to a talk on Retrenchment Pruning at ISA Intl this August. You can stamp the pics with your attribution, or I'll just say I found them in The Treehouse!

Great work! We have a lot of lirios here, but no standalones to make such greeat shots. ??s:
Had it been reduced before?
What time of year was the work done?
Where in Germany is it? I'm going to Heidelberg this summer.
Was your pruning just to mitigate branch failure risk, or were there basal issues as well?
Were there written specs, or was it done purely by instinct?
The response should be something to see. If you can post pics from the same locations a year later, I'd paypal ya $20 for your trouble. I'd like to add them to a talk on Retrenchment Pruning at ISA Intl this August. You can stamp the pics with your attribution, or I'll just say I found them in The Treehouse!

there were some torsion marks on some leaders , not quite hazard beams but i think the officer got scared and wanted a 20% reduction but that basically would have doomed the tree.
We had a look around and decided on a light reduction of the top and to take a little more off the affected leaders.
Tino and i did the cutting and we basically did it by feeling.
its interesting your coming to Heidelberg mate , i can take you to see it if you like, this summer will be exactly a year after we did it.

Torsion marks -> 20%; yikes that is cya overkill.

its interesting your coming to Heidelberg mate , i can take you to see it if you like, this summer will be exactly a year after we did it.
Perfect! Late May or early June; that would be great!

This lirio is 107' and the ends were dipping a bit too much.

Attachments

• lowe 066.jpg
    lowe 066.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 59
  • lowe 068.jpg
    lowe 068.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 60
  • lowe 077.JPG
    lowe 077.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 59
  • storm 291.jpg
    storm 291.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 59
Ha Leon, bouginvillea up a casuarina, classic!

You must have been a mass of little bleeding holes after that!.
I took seven truckloads of climbing cactus (Night blooming cerus) and elephant's ear (Scindapsis or Pothos) out of a tamarind once...talk about prickled...let me dig up the photos...

Attachments

• Tamarind and vines.JPG
    Tamarind and vines.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 58
  • bermy in the vines.JPG
    bermy in the vines.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 59
Yuck! I Whatever you got paid for that tree it probably wasn't enough Fiona. Pokey AND itchy!

Nah...good job paid ok...at least I didn't have to load the truck!
Tree looks fantastic now, got some pictures this summer, that would be like 4 years later...

No Guy, not THE tamarind:) Another one that was not quite as old...200+maybe and had four main trunks from ground level.
See my Hayauchi stuck in a branch above me? It got left there for the night till I got up to it the next day.
This tree has been beaten about a bit over the years, but still gives a good crop of fruit.

Before and after of the blue oak I had wanted to do for some time. The HO is quite happy with the results. This oak is right off the side of their driveway plain sight. Can't wait to see how it leafs out over the next couple years. :)

Attachments

• Blue Oak Before.jpg
    Blue Oak Before.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Blue Oak After.jpg
    Blue Oak After.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 56
Back