Before & After Tree Care

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know you're the real deal Nick. Doesn't that kind of work drive you a little batty?

It hurts my neck thats for sure! It isnt my favorite thing to do, especially an entire day of it, but I dont HATE it. :) I was wishing I had my ARS long reach pruner that day. I promptly went out and fixed it!

I know what you mean about your neck. I did this 80 times at a school a couple of weeks ago week on two weekends. It was relaxing for the first day, forth day I couldn't finish quick enough.

Dead wood and lower branches so the kids didn't get hit on the head and couldn't reach anything, they aren't allowed to climb trees these days. Only got off the ground three times.

Last one.

P6150044.jpg 452.JPG

Exactly... I had a job last week, where we did 17 spruces (shaping them of course), like 14 crab apples (full cut em in half reduce and shapes) and a couple of other small stuff... It can be rough in a way that big removals just arent.

Is that an ARS long reach pole saw?

If you want to see crazy inducing, I'll have to start posting Japanese pruning pictures. All day long day after day, snip snip snip with a small hand shears making foo foo poodle cuts, only every now and then interrupted by getting out the lopers. Up down sideways, no spot can be left unscrutinized., I love my gardener bros, but they are all subject to fits of eruption, batty as hell really. I used to think they took three months off in the winter because it was cold, but it's really mostly to get sane again.

Japanese maple looks like a challenge... A lot of crazy growth. Nice job on the other one.

Thanks. On the maple, I think I'll get out the electric hedger and shave it into a ball again.

JUST KIDDING! I'll probably just snip back the long shoots, then see if she'll have me back next year for a little more.

Taxis shaping ! Underbid taxis shaping.
Hmm underbid; that's my middle name...the taxus were getting shaped...why? for a more formal and symmetrical look, okay, job done, but if they were mine I'd let em cover those wires.

"I'll probably just snip back the long shoots, then see if she'll have me back next year for a little more."

Why not just let the tree grow larger? Plenty of room. ok enough critiquing; that larger tree does look good.

More mistletoe removal.. Had to jump on this before we get a good storm as the pond will fill up and the HO does not want cuttings in the pond and creek.
These are the trees I did with the HH today ;)

CA black oak before .....
IMG_20131104_104549.jpg IMG_20131104_104614.jpg

After....
IMG_20131104_135400.jpg IMG_20131104_135454.jpg

Little live oak before......

IMG_20131104_135434.jpg IMG_20131104_135500.jpg

After......

Attachments

• IMG_20131104_150441.jpg
    IMG_20131104_150441.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20131104_150500.jpg
    IMG_20131104_150500.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 74
The dead that came out of them was amazing.. Mistletoe had shaded the limbs to death. I DO NOT normally raise a crown that high and I usually leave more interior growth.

Nice CV!

Heres one I did today.

e6ugupen.jpg

su4uvaby.jpg

dupyvybu.jpg

ysyhapuz.jpg

mobile...

Back