Before & After Tree Care

" Nearing the end of it's life cycle and they are dying right and left young and old. Grey pine.... the weed of conifers.

not familiar with those. do all gray pines multileader like that? Oligocormic iow.

"You have a good heart

or a soft head; or a desire to sell more work. ;)

Here's a tupelo with the neighbor's pine slapping it. Wraptored up the tupelo and topped out the pine w polesaw so it could be felled. Took more off the tupelo than planned after seeing limb cracks and poor wound response, but still left a lot of nice tree. I like tupelos. ;)

Attachments

• photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 48
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 48
  • photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 48
  • photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 48
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    197.1 KB · Views: 48
No before pic, which is a damn shame cuz it turned out great!

Reduction to alleviate loading on weakened and overextended limbs and of course, for aesthetics and clearance. Customer was happy!! It was the first job I did since I officially owned a chipper, and we had discussed leaving the mess for him to deal with...NOPE. It all went thru the chipper, and I got a healthy tip for my troubles. :)

Spring 2013.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Chipper, it went in through the feedwheels andactually came out the shoot! I dug that out of the chips believe it or not....Bandit 1590

I never thought that it was possible to pass something so large all the way through. The only thing it chipped was the wooden handle.

No noise I could here... I saw it happen from about 10' away. Lawn tech + tree crew = byebye tools. His face was priceless as he watched the feedwheels slowly eat it. I wasnt going to make it in time to stop it and didnt want to be running towards the chipper if it was a 'duck and cover' situation. It was surprisingly peaceful in a relative sense, the chipper didnt even miss a beat.

We broke a rake today too, of which we had 2 for a 3 man crew... By the second job we had 3 men, 1 rake, and 0 shovels. We had just flopped one of three pines we were removing and I was looking for something when Duane (foreman), says 'what you looking for?", 'gloves' I answer, "Matt (the lawn tech) took yours" he says...."Well Matt can chip all the brush then!"...he didnt even ask me to take my gloves off the dashboard and I certainly wasnt going to frack my hands up while he wore my gloves.

The guy Matt replaced did $300 a day in lawn care for years, Matt comes in and starts doing over $1k/day and ran himself out of work in just a few weeks, this is his second season and he did the samething last year. Now he is on the tree crew to prevent laying him off. He is a hell of a lawn guy, but a horrible tree guy. All he had to do was ride it out, do like $4-600 a day and he could have slept in the truck for 2 hours every day or gone and seen a movie ...forever, he would of had the gravy train....but no.

I agree to a point but he is going to work himself out of a job. He hates tree work and it shows in his attitude. If the tree crews don't want him, and he burned up the lawn work he gets no hours.

Breathing is a good thing, but I sometimes wonder about that line of thinking. Did trees not breath before humans trimmed them?

Looking good, BTW. :beer:

It would have just died had not a human cut the mistletoe out. Then another tree might have grown in its place or nexT to where it was. Or the one next to it would push out into the open space, provided it did not break under it's own leaning weight reaching for light... There ya go. ;)

Mistletoe? I agree, I didn't notice. I was just referring to when people say thinning out a tree allows it to breath more.

Death to Mistletoe!!! :rockon:

Back