Barefoot life

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I bet you were a walking Under Armor bill board while you did it.
Sorry cuz, don't own any underarmor. No name wool hat from a CO trip, turtle fur neck warmer, couple old navy sythentic long sleeve tees $10ea, Patagonia vest and fleece and gym shorts, ooooh I bet that's what you're shooting for!

People with money who throw thier shoes away, and tourists that get squashed trying to pet buffalo are the real reason our founding fathers came up with the electoral college.

Emotional support animals are another reason....
Non of those existed during founding fathers era

Reading Vharrison's post brought to mind a story about one of my grand dad's cousins. It is told that he wore rubber gum boots the entire time except for church when he wore felt boots. My source, who knew him, said that the only time he took off the gum boots, and went barefoot, to work was when he trimmed hedge (osage orange) row so that he would not put holes in them.
Must have been a tough old bird!!

Lots of people go barefoot in Oz...seems to be either a greenie or a bogan thing...too damn cold and too many thing can stick you or sting you for me to do it, even in my backyard
Summer in Bermuda was barefoot at home almost all day or several pairs of flip flops, from casual for going ashore to 'dress' for evening. :)

Until we had an onslaught of sand spurs, I went barefoot a good bit. Even mowed the yard (push mower) barefoot for several years. Now you can't walk to the mailbox without encountering sand spurs.

Jim Bob, you had me, especially since I've never seen TBL. Btw which is the line, the 'Georgia' line?

Underwor, sounds gnarly tough.

Bermie, I hadda look up 'bogan'. I may be a mix of bogan and greenie, lol.

Scott, indeed. I'm no match for sand spurs, seen em in FL.

I won’t have exposed feet in the house, nasty smelly great plates of meat and fungus.

Well of course, Mick. If you don''t let them dogs breathe, they gonna be nasty AF.

Yeah, well, so, last nite in the snow really surprised me, I wasn't sure what to make of it. So today I decided to go and clean the snow off my trucks and equipment wearing the same getup, or lack thereof. And.... apparently I may not need shoes anymore lol!

The feet response reminded me of the response with dunking the body in cold water- pretty uncomfortable at first but then after a minute or two, really becomes no big deal, can then do it somewhat indefinitely.

Why I feel like doing this stuff I would say is not readily explainable, and certainly not necessarily fully logical or sensible, but because it is 'kinda fun' would definitely figure in there somewhere, fwiw.

Just googled that. Good call

My feet need coddling and boots with nice thick warm socks made of wool in winter. But I do love me some sandals, lord board type. I tend to go back to my roots in summer. Wiggle them piggies!

Had em?

My older sister used to do farm chores year round barefoot. Walk on frozen slush like it was beach sand. I put my boots on in the morning and they stay on until I go to bed. Wool socks take care of the stinky feet problem. #darntoughforthewin

Are you a fugging park Ranger now or something?

No but I was chatting with a super hot ranger in the everglades who's next post was to be the Gates of the Arctic refuge, got me thinking it was a fine career path

Yes yes yes.

The only thing worse than hook worm is lock jaw.

Aren't you vaccinated against tetanus?

Shoes don't always help.
When I worked in Idaho, I landed on a board with a rusty nail sticking up.
Went clear through shoe and foot.
I had to get the old guy, I worked for to stand on the board, so I could pull loose.
His only comment:" Good that it wasn't one of the horses".

Last edited:
My friend Crazy Mike would never let a nail stick out of a board. If Mike says don't do it, DON'T do it. I don't, either. I got a mail through my shoe as a kid.

Old boards, potentially with nails, buried in leaves on job sites are quickly marked out.

He also helped me learn to leave sharp knives out of the soapy dish water in the sink.

Easy ways to avoid common hazards.

Back