ArborMax Insurance

I looked into it. On their website there is a link for "eligibility." If you click on it it says...

-Company must be in business at least three years. New ventures may be considered if owner has at least five years experience and education in the tree care industry.
-Company must be a member of a Green Industry Association such as TCIA, ISA or a regional association OR have a written safety program in effect.
-Company must have at least 15% of their payroll/receipts in tree care operations. The balance of payroll can be landscape gardening.
-Ancillary operations cannot exceed 15% of overall operations.
-Minimum annual premium is $2,500 per account.

I am paying about $1,500 right now. If you're a huge outfit, $2,500 might be alright for you. But for me, I went with Stratum for about $1,500/yr.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, Nick. $2500 is more than I pay for GL, but it if included my commercial auto, it might be in the ball park. I'll check Stratum. What are you covered for with Stratum?

Any other suggestions?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What about commercial auto? My CA for two truck is considerably more than my GL. Two different companies.

Seems like we got enough guys here that we should have one major "TreeHouse Approved Insurer." Between each of us, there has got to be one or two good companies that can give a great rate to almost any company across the company.

So far I'm thinking with their $2500 minimum, Arbormax wouldn't be that company.

We gotta take advantage of the power of this website!

I was with Albiez Insurance out of Woodbridge, NJ. for the mid 1980 - 1994 time period.
They were reasonable at first, then started increasing rates a lot toward the end.
Never had a single claim, so I asked why my rate kept going up more than other insurances I carried.
The agent said it was due to the number of claims in the industry and that the tree-care risk pool was getting too "risky" for them.
I now have my Gen Liab with Nationwide, as they cover our auto and home insurance and we got a bundled rate discount.
Time to see about a TreeHouse Group Rate...

Seriously, think about it. Imagine every time someone asks, we all start telling 'em "Everyone's happy with X insurance company." ...isn't that worth 10% off?

Back