Anyone ever work for anybody famous?

Resurrecting this thread
Not me but my best friend worked for
Stanley steamer that carpet cleaner service
For about month in the 90s
He was sent to a woman's house in Charleston wv there had been a small fire and needed cleaning.
It turns out her husband was
Nick nolte
My friend vaguely recognized him
But didn't say anything.
Because he said right from the start of the job the guy was a hateful rude ahole
After this he's been a master plumber
Been in thousands of people's homes
And to this day he says nolte was the most unpleasant person he's ever met.

Joan Kroc's house.

Cliff Robertson's home in La Jolla

Hotel Del in Coronado.

Del Mar Race Track.

Hilton on the Bay.

Bing Crosby's old pad in Del Mar.

Jomo

One job my first year in biz was a pruning for the mother of Jamie Siminoff, who invented the Ring Doorbell. It was at the condo complex my brother sends me a lot of work, and I was warned up front she was the biggest PITA in the complex. She was so happy with the job I did, she called and emailed the HOA board, which set off a whole bunch of "Brian, what did you do there? That woman is never happy with anything!" comments/exclamations. It was even funnier while my son and I were doing it, as she stood on her deck as I cleaned/elevated one of her oaks and she states "You know, you're doing the best job anyone has done as long as I've lived here. Way better than that landscape company, who send guys over to take off 1 or 2 limbs each time". Little did she know I was the brother of that landscape company owner, which added to the laughs at the management office and my brother's office. ;)

Last edited:
Back