Any Rope Wrench or Hitch Hiker users here?

I've been using the rw for about two years and like it a lot. I am thinking of ordering the hh to try that and like the idea of two srt systems for rope positioning. Just wondering why kevin specified that it requires two of the same srt device , why wldnt a hh on one rope and wr on the other be compatable?

Randy. I would like to see the bull dog bone in tree also. Not many parts on it . That guys an inventive fella. I would like to see home jumping about in the tree. Wonder if he would loan it.:D Randy also with the rope thing idk it was jumpy with me never got a chance to dial it in. I went back to hitch climber pully n schwabisch. I would like to see someone with a compact setup with the rw/ hitch climber pully combo. But I guess till then im with ddrt.

The RW sticking out toward my teeth is a problem for me. The zk2 is smaller than the zk1.

The idea of terminating the rope on DdRT with the HH by putting a stopper knot through the bridge ring avoids the conflict of a termination knot clipped into to my lift-support strength advancing loop with the hitch or body of HH.

I wish I could do this with the Hitchclimber pulley that I use on a long rope lanyard (left over from regular DdRT days).

Sean. that is what im in search of a very compact rw / hc setup . The thought of somthing in my face is the only down i have on the rw. But, as far as that goes im going to get one soon and figure something out with hitch and short stiff landyard for the rw.

Tempted to try the Zk-2 as well Charles. I am afraid if I buy one today next week their will be Zk-3 or HH-2! I have the Zk-1 and enjoyed using it especially when tending it is effortless. The HH actualy tends pretty well on my Vortex with the Beeline 10mm.

Does anybody have pics of using HH in DRT?? where u clipping it too on HH??

I pretty much SRT.... unless a short climb then DRT

Blackoak, U clip it back to your rope bridge ring, were the hh beener is connected to. Hope that help. And i think maybe nhlocal have a video on it in one of his thousand of vids on youtube.:D

Does anybody have pics of using HH in DRT?? where u clipping it too on HH??

I pretty much SRT.... unless a short climb then DRT

As best I understand it, and have yet to try it, you can simply but the end of the rope through an appropriately sized bridge ring, and tie a secure stopper knot. This is how a rope bridge is attached to rigging plates, right? Skip the whole splice and carabiner (an extra mechanical piece of gear that will need cleaning and replacing).

Havent tried the Zk-2 yet. Both are good tools. I use the HH mostly because I do mainly do removals and I like how I can girth hitch to the trunk when blocking down a spar. Easy transition to Drt, fairly easy to tend, almost no sit back when hitch is nice and tight. Rw self tends which I really like, transition to Drt can be a little tricky (except I do recall seeing someone on here with a detachable tether which looked nice), more sitback at least with the Zk-1. This is just my experience with these tools. Of course cordage, climbing rope, friction hitch, climbing style, will vary results with each. I may just order the Zk-2 now and tell you then. You can try it next time your in town.

....mostly from Sean ! HaHa

haha.

You know, its just that every time I go to a basic DdRT system, its like the lightbulb turned off. I really don't mean for it to sound snobby, but, frankly, its too much work for me, and I curse the inconsistent friction. I started experimenting with SRT in trees initially after self belaying rock 'aid climbing' (climbing by pulling on gear/ ropes...sound familiar) while using a GriGri and a rock harness. Working in a total vacuum. A short lived venture.

The only reason to have the same device is that its easier to operate two of the same with one hand.

As best I understand it, and have yet to try it, you can simply but the end of the rope through an appropriately sized bridge ring, and tie a secure stopper knot. This is how a rope bridge is attached to rigging plates, right? Skip the whole splice and carabiner (an extra mechanical piece of gear that will need cleaning and replacing).

Ok, yes that makes cense....I guess I could clip into my Xsmall bat plate on my bridge with stopper knot or just use binner

Just got one too and got to play today. I've had my hh for a long a time now so I won't compare but I have some work to do now with this and figuring out a hitch combo all over again. It doesn't help that the cougar blue I'm on flattens like a pancake tho

In my trials the pinto was too wide to work well with the oval carabiners. The Hitch Climber is a tidier setup, even with the standard stiff tether and the offset it creates. I love the Rope Wrench!

Back