Tree House enthusiast
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Crossed English Channel 4x in a row?

Something doesn't compute here?!?

I guess swimming across the Atlantic Ocean might be next

Bermy

Acolyte of the short bar
Husband's father swam 7 lengths of an olympic pool underwater, with flippers.
I miss swimming, water is WAY to cold here.

cory

Tree House enthusiast
How cold?

Tree09

Treehouser
Swimming with whales!
Now now, not all Americans are fat. If i remember correctly i was somewhere under 25 seconds on a 50 free and around 55 seconds on a 100 free. The other guys on the relays all had big college scholarships paid for by swimming, and 1 guy got tapped out getting into the Olympics. I was the worst guy on the 4 man relay, but i was mainly there for a winter workout for my throwing arm because i was a catcher in baseball. I could have played college ball, but not at the university of Illinois where i was going for engineering. Either way it was good enough to get me a couple pool records at the old high school that have stood for over 20 years now. Although i do have to admit they closed the school and i don't know if high school still swims competitively there anymore, so they likely will stand forever! :lol:

Bermy

Acolyte of the short bar
Well cory, when you are used to swimming in the ocean from 70-80* F, and now it's less than 60...yup, too cold!
I'm spoiled and I know it!

cory

Tree House enthusiast
Might be too chilly for an extended swim but you know what they say about the benefits of a nice cold plunge!

Tree09

Treehouser
@cory i gotta ask, were you a penguin in a past life or something? :lol: If i even tried that i think my whole body would tense up so bad it would snap my back in half hahahahahahaha. I'm thinking of getting a hot tub!

cory

Tree House enthusiast
Ha, idk, I musta been something weird though :rockhard:

Getting in cold water is still challenging for me but I get a kick out of the guaranteed mood elevation from it and the possible health benefits.

Here's a vid from an author, (I definitely enjoyed his book 'What Doesn't Kill Us'), it's about cold exposure and battling cancer.

cory

Tree House enthusiast
BTW, I hear that cold exposure coupled with heat exposure in a sauna is the best of all worlds.