Adjustable bridge for TM

I use his one with the roll n lock, would never run without an adjustable bridge after i got used to it, absolutely love it.

I need a shorter bridge on my Matt Cornell Rope Saddle...when I go SRT the regular bridge is kind of long. An adjustable like that would be very good. Anybody have any bright ideas how to do it let me know.

This is what i run. I'm not saying it's the only or best, but i love it. For hip thrusting, you can extend to simply pull, and never do the hold/ tend. I mainly use it for my rope walker setup tho, extending it so my climbing system is up top above my chest box where i need no other tie ins (many ropewalker setups use ascenders that can't be trusted by themselves, so you have ropes everywhere lol). I use only a foot ascender, a homemade knee ascender, and the chest box, and am able to ropewalk hands free. I also cinch it up tight when working stems, because you don't need the lateral movement.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He has some pictures on his site but I can't read the language. The pics are pretty helpful though. Scroll through the comments and there is a link to his site where the pics are. I can't seem to be able to link it.

Oh, dear...much as I have welcomed, and not infrequently adopted into my own climbing systems the many tech advances the last two decades or so have gifted our field of endeavor with...I fear I'm falling close to where our sadly gone friend Butch most likely would have to say on this :D.

Not to put too fine a point on it...but from where this very old climber sits, y'all are making it WAY too complicated.

Of course, I'm an old and somewhat boring climber, system-wise. I could, barely possibly, be wrong :D.

20170301_152108.jpg

Here's an older pic on my modified cougar, which is going to be similar to any saddle that uses a rigging plate. Basically the roll n lock is literally zip tied to the back, so that no matter what, there is really no load on it, it simply acts like a movable stopper knot, which of course is backed up by actual stopper knots. In practice, it works swimmingly. Of course, this is against all manufacturer recommendations of use, e.t.c, e.t.c. Richard Mumford, the guy who invented this use, even went so far as to actually do break tests, which i personally chose to be good enough for me.

B, once again you aren't wrong. It is further complexity, which unless serves a very exact and worthwhile purpose is useless and gets in your way. However for me personally, after having it, i would forgo many other things before losing it, mainly because my ropewalker setup is based on it and i won't ever go back to not having that lol.

It solves both problems common with an actual hands free setup: 1) what to do with the climbing system because your chest box needs to be in the same spot and 2) what is your actual tie in, because if you do a rope walker setup only using ascenders you need to use 2 because they aren't rated for life support. By using the extendable bridge, my rrp (or other climbing system) simply goes above the chest box, giving me a bomber tie in that i can even rappel from, and i simply walk. Not for most, but works very well for me.

I remember watching that a couple years ago. Never saw the need for an adjustable bridge. I might try it out now for rope walking. Thanks for the video.

Without a chest roller, you likely won't need one tho. Im, shall we say...... top heavy🤣🤣 so the roller box makes it effortless because i don't have to hold myself upright the whole time. I might try to do a video sometime, I'm jonesing to put on my harness even if i can't do anything for real yet. If a guy on chemo can rope walk effortlessly you know that's the way to go:lol:

Man that sounds like a plan. That will give you something to look forward to and a good reason to get your strength back as soon as you can.

I ran the Roll n Lock for a few months on my Treemotion bridge. As a bridge adjuster it works great, but I have no doubt that it will decrease system strength in a fall. Falls are poorly represented in a slow pull test.

So after giving it a try, I felt it was just not worth it for the minor alterations it allowed in my climbing style. For me, there is a 'best length' that works just fine.

@Burnham
"but from where this very old climber sits, y'all are making it WAY too complicated."
You are so right must tree gear seems to make it harder.
If you want adjustable bridge for TM get a mini cam lock, on the outside of ring, so no space is lost in the bridge.
Have all of you tried HC?? :D :D

That is probably one of the neater ways to achieve something I don’t need or will never use.

I usually tie a simple overhand knot in one end of the standard treemotion bridge. First thing I do I fact. That’s short enough for me.

One point to note, I dont recall seeing equipment in a Japanese vid/pic Instagram or Facebook that doesn’t look brand new, like just outta the box shiny.

I have a lot of kit but it is all pretty used looking. I don’t know how I would keep it all so spangly looking.

Back