4 wheel wheel barrow

cory

Tree House enthusiast
I got this wheel barrow for xmas. I see on amazon it has shitloads of bad reviews but I can't say enough good about it!

I posted a lengthy review on the site, it won't show up for a couple days, I'll repost here, then. Basically, I load it with firewood what would be a double load in a regular wheelbarrow and then push it uphill to the house. No lifting, just pushing. It is a very fun and satisfying workout that brings Goggins to mind :lol:

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...MIpeHMqOXJ7gIViIKGCh0kwQdaEAAYASAAEgInWvD_BwE

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This thing is the sh*t!
My wife bought me this for xmas. When I saw it I basically said what is this monstrosity? Well, wifey was right again. This thing is amazing. I only use it for one thing but it is so much fun to use, I look for reasons to use it. Our firewood pile is deep in the back yard, downhill of the house. I know, I know, bad spot for it but it's the only place that works. I load up this wheelbarrow with at least 2x the load of a regular one and push it uphill to the house. No lifting, just pushing. It is an awesome workout and highly productive way to move stuff. We stacked a huge pile in the garage before this current Noreaster snow storm, and parked the loaded B4W in the garage also. The garage is crowded but the B4W can be pushed, out of the way, fully loaded, with 2 fingers. Seriously. And the price here is superb, Ive seen it elsewhere for more than double. Btw, I've used regular heavy duty wheelbarrow for years, this one beats them hands down. The tray is plastic so it won't rot, and so far, it has withstood the abuse

Interesting. Regular barrows can be a bit of a PITA, especially on hilly terrain, or mud. You fill it up not noticing a leg is sinking, then the whole mess dumps out :^S

Wow, gotta say that is a sweet ride!

I was just about to say, put a motor on it but I was thinking electric to one or both of a pair of the wheels, clutchable in/out for freewheeling. Could be as simple as one speed, fwd/reverse switch, walking speed. Industrial units for landscaping are available but heavy overkill. Be a real feather in your cap to pull of an elegant DIY that works. Maybe an old brutalized cordless drill - they can power personal ascenders- similar loading. Video reminds me of racing barstools etc.

yes I have a sweet kubota 520, more or less identical to your TCM (?).

It is rarely at my house so hence the fairly frequent use of wheelbarrow

my TCM is considerably smaller than you 520 I believe, it weighs about 6K where yours is 9K I believe . I looked up the specs as there is one for sale and my TCM is very tired....

my TCM is considerably smaller than you 520 I believe, it weighs about 6K where yours is 9K I believe . I looked up the specs as there is one for sale and my TCM is very tired....
Do you have a small machine too? I'm a big fan of a mini skid with how small and maneuverable they are. And you can use a sheet or 2 of plywood for turning tightly on. A tree co I know went to using wheeled machines, and I just can't see them working as efficiently except for not tearing up a yard as easily.

I guess the question becomes does anyone who has a bigger machine ever say "damn i wish this was smaller".

Good to have one of each right? The mini can be super slow down a long drive way not to mention it's lack of ability to move full sized logs.

Yes, but they can't turn on a dime. They look a lot comfier than standing all the time. I haven't used one, so maybe my mind would be changed. All I can remember is wishing the mini skid had stronger hydros, more speed, and more weight in the back. Maybe if they had one more roller up front for it to balance on a square pad of track instead of on the front roller alone with heavy loads.

my TCM is considerably smaller than you 520 I believe, it weighs about 6K where yours is 9K I believe . I looked up the specs as theres one for sale and my TCM is very tired....

Seeing your TCM in your work pics made me think they were the same size, yes the 520 weighs 9k#. Are you saying there's a 520 for sale? I'd buy another in a heartbeat if I needed one. Kubota is bulletproof IMO. I've got 2600 hrs on mine, I use it 4.5 days per week, the engine still looks brand new. Burns no oil. Oil stays clean. $ for $, it's the most valuable/useful piece of equipment I have.

Awesome pic of your crane set up. I'm real glad you are posting again.

My TCM has 8000 hours on it. We use it on every job. I also have an 806 which is comparable to the 520. We never use it as IMO it’s too big. Been looking for another 804 for years, I love that there are no electronics on it. My injector pump started leaking last week so I have to pull that today and sort it out......

I guess the question becomes does anyone who has a bigger machine ever say "damn i wish this was smaller".

In my area there are a lot of older homes and properties, one house I had a milling job in Toronto I could not get in the back yard carrying my 088 and mill.

My TCM has 8000 hours on it. We use it on every job. I also have an 806 which is comparable to the 520. We never use it as IMO it’s too big. Been looking for another 804 for years, I love that there are no electronics on it. My injector pump started leaking last week so I have to pull that today and sort it out......

I've noticed a lot of folks who possess large equipment go a bit smaller with their loaders/material handlers which of course makes sense since you have bigger stuff on site to deal with big/heavy stuff as needed. The 520 works great for us as it's the only mechanical muscle we have. It goes virtually everywhere and does virtually everything. If I had to replace it, I wouldn't go smaller.

Paul, you just recently pulled and repaired an IP, on a loader I thought?

Cory you really pay attention! Yes a few months back I put some O rings in it, The only ones I could source were 3/32" thick which left about a third of the O ring proud of the bore. I hoped they would compress and work. They got cut upon installation I guess, today I put in 1/16" in so hopefully that will work. Im sure they are supposed to be metric. While Im thinking about it I need to order some O ring assortments.

my zahn is small. maybe lifts 500 lbs. couple of guys standing on the back helps. I stay away from large removals so its plenty.

Back