4:45 pm and it's pitch black outside....

Nope. But it will avoid that drastic one hour shift of daylight.

An old Indian saying is that only a white man would cut a foot off one end of his blanket and sew it to the other end and think he’s lengthening his blanket....

You'll have to explain that to me, Scott.
I'm not getting it.

Right now, we have sunup at 8.58 and sunset at 3.40.

How will doing anything change that?

Except for suicide, of course.
High season for that.

It isn't a matter of lengthening the day light, but somewhat shifting it to match a little more the average work day. It's irrelevant in plain winter (the day light is just too short), but in the intermediate seasons, the artificial lights are a little less needed. So we can spare some energy. At least that was the plan when the energy crisis hit in the 70/80.

Pretty dark here in Nesodden.

Sunrise at 09.18 and sunset at 15.14

I don’t mind it really as it signals winter and winter usually means snow and snow means boarding and fun in the mountains.

I love it that it gets dark and I have to go home. I cant stand it in the summer when the excuse to shut things down and go home doesn't seem to ever come.

x10. :drink:

I love being 'forced' to be home at 5 pm.

You'll have to explain that to me, Scott.
I'm not getting it.

Right now, we have sunup at 8.58 and sunset at 3.40.

How will doing anything change that?

Except for suicide, of course.
High season for that.
The while point is that you’re not changing anything. You’re adjusting YOUR time by an hour to gain whatever advantage you perceive you get from it. I couldn’t care less. I start when I want and quit when I want. I seldom start very early any more out of respect for folks who don’t get up with the chickens. Chainsaws and sleeping in don’t go well together...

Back