Your opinion about the spurs ...

If not the CF Geckos, then the alloy ones would serve you well. I'd not worry about weight with them - not that I knew of a weight limit with the CF ones

I think I'll just stick with Kline's they work as good at sticking thick bark as the 3 1/2" Buckingham's do but are far far more comfortable for me.

But. I have been thinking about the Adkins diet.. I get a moose and a caribou this fall and I'll prolly try it.

Can't stand smoking , what a welfare system. . Non smokers are workin while smokers are takin a smoke break. . Being a logger and a faller I chew. . Can't burn anything down and don't have to stop working. I've found it was the only way to teach new groundies to stay clear of the danger zone. . The idea of getting spit on was pretty un appealing to them. . When they need t come in to send up stuff I promise I won't spit till they get done.

Atkins diet works, but nothing tops a balanced diet, with calorie consideration, balanced with good exercise.

I don't need a smoke break. :drink:

Attachments

• elm tree 041 (Small).jpg
    elm tree 041 (Small).jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 60
  • trees 026_edited (Medium).jpg
    trees 026_edited (Medium).jpg
    179 KB · Views: 59
Atkins diet works, but nothing tops a balanced diet, with calorie consideration, balanced with good exercise.

Does workin all day swinging a power saw qualify as exercise??

One thing I really like about the Kask arb helmet. I've found that if I lean the front of it against the tree and push with my head a little I can drain about a shot glass of sweat right down the tree. I do that 6-8 times a day

MB. I guess I should say I'm impressed.
But I'll stick with my snoose.
Really good pics!!!!!!!!!!

Does workin all day swinging a power saw qualify as exercise??

One thing I really like about the Kask arb helmet. I've found that if I lean the front of it against the tree and push with my head a little I can drain about a shot glass of sweat right down the tree. I do that 6-8 times a day

MB. I guess I should say I'm impressed.
But I'll stick with my snoose.
Really good pics!!!!!!!!!!

Not really, I need to stick to a diet and exercise program, especially the older I get

Probably does something for the arms and shoulders, but I don't think it is much in the way of very encompassing exercise where the cardiovascular is getting benefited as well. If you are humping up hills there is gain. I think better is where you are also doing stretching, like rhythmic walking, rowing, swimming, or cycling. Heart and lungs are affected. Those movements can also help prevent a bad back due to not stretching enough, probably the number one cause of it. Some is better than none, but too much exercise can shorten your life, I'm told.

Oh, it does something for your arms and shoulders alright. First, it develops them - then it destroys them.

Im 29 and already wrestling back problems from it being bound up tight. Why so young I don't know. It generally feels good but mornings are hard for the first 2 hours. Here and now I am physically incapable of making a complete swing with a baseball bat. I don't have the range of motion. I cant pitch a ball either. I can, but it doesn't go far and its god awful to watch.

I have a friend with long experience correcting stressed body problems as a chiropractor and yoga teacher. She says that you have got to stretch. She is an older woman, but man she is in good physical form. :) I hear a lot of people complaining about a sore or stiff back, of the ones I know about, nobody ever stretches regularly. If I am riding my bike or not, it makes a big difference on how my back feels, or how it doesn't feel. Pedaling seems good for you. Grinding up a hill really works your back. Hunched over drop handlebars can cause pain.

The thing with a chiropractor is that often you need to get hooked into a regular routine with them, if you aren't self correcting on your own and continue doing things that affects your back in a negative way.

Been to quite a few chiropractors over the years. . Lots of steep ground that I cut on
My legs kinda ain't what they use to be. Around 40 they just never came back. Not like they had been when I was a riggin rat. Running all day. I was kinda hard on my bod when I was in my 20s+30s .. but I've out lived 25% of the guys I've fell timber with.
I get my heart and resperation up pretty high when I'm production cutting.

No I have not been to a chiropractor. I need to start stretching hardcore. My bones are good, my muscles work well. Im still very young. But Im tense. A doctor looked at a knot that binds up in my muscles under the shoulder blade where it cant really be accessed. Doctor said my back is tight as a drumstrings and the muscle under my shoulder blade may need to be paralyzed with botox if it doesn't improve.

I would recommend a spinrocracker before I'de be getting any muscles paralized. Those muscles in side there are there for a good reason
Chiropractors have helped me greatly over the years.

Hot springs are very good, at least for temporary relief. I know folks that good regularly, and they kind of shine. I think that there are at least a few places in the states. I have them two minutes from my shop. I don't go so much, but I'm always glad when I do, crash out on the hot tile floor with a little towel over my privates. Very soothing.

Back