Yosemite Again

gf beranek

Old Schooler
The weather just couldn't keep us out. Though the week before we would not have been able to get in. So here's some of the classic views of YNP we've all seen before, I'm sure. Just different light.

Though Terri and I did chance to meet John Muir's Great Great Grandson, Bob Hanna.

Out of over 1600 shots taken I kept about 250. The ones in this post are just some of the broad views in the part. I did take a lot of detail photos of the nooks and crannies, trees and animals too. Enjoy

Attachments

• DSCF2148.jpg
    DSCF2148.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCF2452.jpg
    DSCF2452.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCF2209.jpg
    DSCF2209.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCF2321.jpg
    DSCF2321.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCF2697.jpg
    DSCF2697.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCF2988.jpg
    DSCF2988.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCF3220.jpg
    DSCF3220.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCF2183.jpg
    DSCF2183.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCF2865.jpg
    DSCF2865.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCF2478.jpg
    DSCF2478.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCF2005.jpg
    DSCF2005.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCF3048.jpg
    DSCF3048.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCF1979.jpg
    DSCF1979.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Terri just told me I spelled Yosemite wrong. Funny the spell check didn't catch it, so I just let it go. Yeah digital is so cool.

I just bought a new camera. Fugi, HS20, Fine pix, EXR. Nearly identical in most respects to the old one. Just a bigger imager, 16 m compared to 11 m, wider and more powerful lens, and smaller in overall size.

I'm giving my old Fugi, the very one these pictures were taken with, to Kate Cole. Over 56 thousand pictures later and still doing a great job. I hope the new Fugi fares as well.

Great photography!

Looks like this is the time of year to visit Yosemite, to avoid the crowds of summer.

The park was pretty much vacant during the week. Though on Sunday there were noticeable more visitors. I'd say half of which were German.

Terri and I want to do it a little earlier next time to catch it in a total whiteout. Probably early March would do it nicely.

+1 what Paul said.
Lovin the rainbow!
The 5th pic down with the green trees and the water sure is cool too.
I am so spoiled getting to see the Yosemite valley all winter long. It really is a spectacular time of year. Don't forget to bring your climb gear next time or at least your saddle.
Sure was happy we could have an nice dinner together while you were here. Next time I buy :P

One of my favorite places anywhere. Thanks for the beautiful pics to start the day. Gerry, do you remember the firefall days?

Steve, the mornings and evenings were overcast for the most part and so any sun rise and sun set pics were out of the question. Terri and I drove the loop and took advantage of what light there was from about 7 am to 5 pm.

I'm taking snow shoes next time. Over knee deep in most places and made me really work to get those pics.

I probably should have told you they had the plastic snow shoes in town... I know they rent them up there, but I think you have to go to Badger Pass for that and I believe you mentioned they were closed.

Lesson learned, Steve. I'm not going back to Yo in the winter without snow shoes.

It was hilarious at times. In the afternoon the snow was a lot softer and harder to walk in. Just to get 100 yards from the road to the river was a serious hike.

I'm not use to the snow. Can you tell.

Stephansen, It was blowing and raining cats and dogs when Terri and I drove through Ceres. I was wondering if you were working in it or hunkering down.

Back