Yosemite Again

I can just imagine walking out in that snow Ger... . Every once and a while a ski student will go off the groom and into the powdery fluff. No fun retrieving them AT ALL!!!! :lol:

When you going to be up this way Jesse??

When you going to be up this way Jesse??
I will be up there Mon-Thurs next week. Don't want to derail too much, but I am going to an FBI CQB school. I'll PM you with details. Unfortunately, we will be staying in Mariposa at night, but in the park during the day. It'd be cool to be able to GTG with ya.

Excellent images Jerry. The 3rd one down on the left, is my fave. Does anyone know the name of the smaller spire to the left of the centre?

Jason: Take this with a grain of salt, but it seems to me that the "smaller one" is actually Half-Dome itself. I believe that the "bigger one" to the left of it is El Capitan, but I'd be happy to be set straight. Probably will be.

I'm guessing we have different screen arrangements, to clarify.. yosemite arrow.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
All I know for sure is the spire and the entire rock face is the east side of Bridal Falls creek valley. About 2500 feet above the Yosemite valley floor. Course the peaks are much higher than that.

When I was visiting Yosemite, a climber on Half Dome, unfortunately took the quick way down. I had watched him for awhile, when he seemed to be making good progress. :(

Hanging a shingle is about as good as it gets in Mariposa. Start your own. Oakhurst hires some from time to time like at Fisks. Next town over and I would not want my rep to be attached to an outfit like that.
ACRT hires up here as does Trees Inc and Utility Tree Service.
9 years here and still only 60 percent tree work. Still trying to make it fly full time.
We do a lot of ladder fuel reduction work to keep the lights on.

that's really sad, what year was that?

So many years ago, i was just a teenager. My dad had died fairly shortly before, and a neighbor that had a son my own age was going for a family trip to a bunch of national parks. They kindly asked me to go along. A real fun trip, but i still recall the accident in Yosemite. I remember thinking, i just watched a person that died.

Sometimes work where you don't have to think about anything is good, just do it and get paid, an uncomplicated day in the life. Some work, that is.

Back