Yard of chip weight?

I am headed today to a CHP commercial vehicle inspection station. They have a deal where if you come in on your own, you won't get assessed and penalties and fines.

I wanna have my stuff done right. Don't like guessing.

I'll report back later.

love
nick

So I had the rig inspected. Dude was really cool.

He said the rating was a limit for THE TRUCK. He confirmed what everyone else was saying that I CAN register the vehicle for higher that what is printed inside the truck. The registration is for the combined total load.

His only other recommendations were:

1- carry fire extinguisher. Size doesn't matter.
2- carry 3 reflective triangles
3- red and amber lights on truck and chipper sides need red and amber reflective stickers near them.
4- add more red/white reflective tape especially in area between truck and chipper.
5- display company name and CA# on side of truck.
6- get a motor carrier property permit that basically says employees are allowed to use the vehicle. This comes AFTER we get the CA#.

So if that's really it, it's not THAT much. Lets see how long it takes to get the CA#...

love
nick

Good for you Nick! That doesn't fly here. CDL laws and the Boys who enforce them are different.

They run checks in my town. Local cops do. They wave you right on over to the side of the road as you go by their stop....... You aren't leaving without fine. Plain and simple. Every cop car in my primary work town has a portable scale in the trunk. I still roll through 9k overweight sometimes.

You aren't leaving without fine. Plain and simple.

I wanna be the guy that proves them wrong. I wanna know ahead of time what they could possibly ticket me for and do that shit right. When you say you can't get by without a ticket, couldn't you just have done what they ticketed you for before hand and then not get a ticket?

Let me explain something. This isn't a big Cali metropolis. This a rural small town PA. My county has made national headlines for the corruption issues here, from police, to judges, to county commissioners. You wont beat them.

Now, I myself don't drive through checkpoints. I get a call the night before from an individual letting me know that a checkpoint is scheduled.

How do you figure? I get a call from a local tree guy warning me. I could turn on a police scanner or CB radio and get the same info. Where he gets his info is beyond me.

Its not top secret info. They don't advertise it, as they aren't required to. Some trucks don't have an alternate route, and those guys get shook down. I hear about a truck stop that is scheduled, and take a different route. Absolutely nothing corrupt about that. If I was paying off local cops to leave me alone, that would be corrupt.

Back