would you buy this gun??

Well............... this shootout led the FBI doing a test on firearms. The 10mm was the only round that passed each test.
They found the women, and smaller men, couldn't handle the recoil and the grip was too large for them (I find this VERY hard to believe as a buddy of mine's wife can easily out shoot me with my own gun!)
But this led to the development of the .40 S&W, as it was a smaller cartridge, smaller grip and lower recoil.

9mm :lol: JMO Hmmmm .45 Yeah mine could shoot 45LC for plinking and .454 Casull for deer hunting (hope I spelled that right). Never did get to boar hunt with it.

JMO again min .40 if auto. Course I'm not thinking straight at the moment. ;)

CopyofCoyote2018-1.jpg

Wouldn't anybody but a pacifist hope to hit the target when they shoot?

I mean they don't really aim well. I cheat i have a laser sight.

I knew what you meant, Bill.
Just jerking your chain a bit

Its all good mang, if you don't mind me asking, whats your fav. gun?

Since I live in a land of (virtually) no handguns, that is hypotethical.

However my personal (illegal) firearm is a Ruger GP100 chambered for .357 magnum loads.
I bought that in California about 25 years ago.
At that time it was my fav. gun.

Today, if I had to choose, it would probably be a Glock chambered for .40 S&W.

I shot one at a range in California 2 years ago, and REALLY liked it.

Good caliber as well for someone who doesn't get to shoot on a regular basis.
Easier to control than the 10 mm.

That is if we are talking about self defense guns.

If not, it broadens the field a lot.

The most fun gun I've shot is the Mauser C96, schnellfeuer.

What Mike said, Bill! They hit the targets multiple times with kill shots, but lack of penetration from the 9mm meant the offenders still managed to kill several officers before bleeding out.
Read the report Bill, trust me!

I know the 9mm isn't as good a stopper as a .40, 10mm or .45, but my Glock 26 holds 10 in the mag and hides easier than a larger framed gun. Plus it'll take the 15-round mags from the 19, or the 17-round mags from the 17. I like the 10mm, but the cost of ammo is prohibitive compared to the 9mm. I usually carry the 26, but the same holster will fit my 19, 23, or 22 as well. The 29 is a large-frame and therefore requires its own holster. I don't wanna get hit with any of 'em!

After reading the article on the shootout, all I can say is, they can diss the 9mm if they want to, but a 9mm hollow-point through the heart is GONNA interrupt things. I think accuracy suffered more than firepower. I don't know what the qualifying distances are for LEO's, but I think they should practice out to 100 yards with a handgun. Speed-shooting at 5 to 25 yards, then accuracy at 50 to 100 yards. Handguns are far more accurate than folks think. Anybody ever watch Hickock45 on Youtube? He rings a gong at over 200 yards with all kinds of handguns. I would not want him shooting at me!

All that said, I've played airsoft enough to know that it's hard to hit someone on the run. I've rained automatic fire at the enemy and watched the bb's hitting all around them and not scored a hit. I've also been the one running flat out, wondering how in the world they're missing me.

I'm surprised; the 29 is pretty compact. It definitely isn't for everybody- but with large hands, it fits well in mine, and conceals just fine. You're dead-on about the price of ammo- $25/50 rds around here for 10mm. I can get a brick of 9mm for that.

Hickock45 is a blast; a gentleman and marksman, for sure.

Lead time on moving targets is grossly underestimated. In most cases.
Not sure what you mean but follow through, like in bird hunting or lack there of is a common problem I see at the range. At 800-1300 ft /sec(.45-9mm), very little if any lead is necessary on moving targets, (at the front edge not off target) inside 25yards, unless you are talking about someone who is flat out sprinting.
At 75 feet a bullet traveling 1200 ft/sec will get there pretty quick.

Last edited:
I'm surprised; the 29 is pretty compact. It definitely isn't for everybody- but with large hands, it fits well in mine, and conceals just fine. You're dead-on about the price of ammo- $25/50 rds around here for 10mm. I can get a brick of 9mm for that.

Hickock45 is a blast; a gentleman and marksman, for sure.

Erik, what I meant about the 29 being large frame is that it won't fit in the same holsters as the 17/19/22/23/26/27/etc. The 10mm and .45 Glocks are built a little thicker, which you already know......Anywho, I don't have a holster for it that conceals well, just a Fobus kydex roto-holster. It holds the pistol out too far for easy concealment, though I have worn it to town a few times during the winter when I have a coat on. I have a Bianchi Black Widow for the other Glocks that holds the pistol right up against the body, so just a shirttail conceals it pretty well. Actually, in comparison, the 29 is only a little bigger than the 26, and the funny thing is, they both hold 10 in the mag. The 19 and the 23 are identical in size, but the 23 holds only 13 rounds of .40, whilst the 19 holds 15 rounds of 9.....seems the 26 ought to hold at least eleven, based on its size compared to the 29. On top of that, the 27 holds only 9 rounds of .40, while it is basically the same height as the 29. Go figure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Went shooting today, man I love my rifle. When I was first going to get into shooting I set myself a long term goal of attaining 1 MOA, guess I need to get a loftier goal. These are my last 5 rounds at 100 yards after shooting maybe 70 rounds. Crazy I can get a better group with the riffle at 100 than I can with the pistol at 10. Yup I suck with the pistol....:lol:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 5
Back