Wood Moving Equipment

• Thread starter TreeRhino
  • Start date
  • Replies 64
  • Views 9K
The rear mount grapple trucks usually don't dump. On the front mount grapple trucks, yes you have to raise the boom in order to dump.

I can normally unload the truck faster with the loader than dumping it.

Once the brush is in the truck it is packed and crushed over and over. When you are full and ready to unload most everything comes out in a grab or 2.

Rodger that. Its amazing how much you can pack into a truck by crushing it with a grapple. Even better, I traded my forestry grapple truck for a model with a radio remote crane :)

Attachments

• new vehicles 005.jpg
    new vehicles 005.jpg
    972.9 KB · Views: 8
  • new vehicles 010.jpg
    new vehicles 010.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
More Pics! Please! I would like to know more about that cabover. When you are talking boom hydraulics what size pump does it take to drive an arm like that at a decent speed?

Also Tntree what do you think about the wheeled boxer 427? If you could pick one wheeled mini what would it be? Thanks in advance:)

427W is almost twice the machine the Thomas is. I like wheels better than the tracks you can turn a little sharper with out peelin the lawn.

Ramrod 950 is a real nice machine also. I don't like dealing with their management, is my only gripe.

Here is a self loader that might make a great grapple style truck if set-up right? Is the extendable boom extra-nice or is it more vulnerable to damage on your rig?

Attachments

• DSCN2439.jpg
    DSCN2439.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN2433.jpg
    DSCN2433.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN1252.jpg
    DSCN1252.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 10
Rodger that. Its amazing how much you can pack into a truck by crushing it with a grapple. Even better, I traded my forestry grapple truck for a model with a radio remote crane :)

Nice truck, looks like a Valby 60" grapple. whats the reach on that crane?
Box looks stout, nice jag of wood.

Hi Dave, its a Loglift 66" grapple, HMF crane. I actually preferd my loglift forestry crane, but the radio control knuckleboom gives me more options. Reach is about 36"

I had a prentice loader on a tub grinder, and I gotta say, your US built loader are the biggest pile of crap I've ever used, compared to european style forestry cranes. The prentice type loaders look like something I would build in a workshop, not a piece of modern precision engineering.
I would'nt touch anything that did not have at least a single stage telescopic boom.

Hi Dave, its a Loglift 66" grapple, HMF crane. I actually preferd my loglift forestry crane, but the radio control knuckleboom gives me more options. Reach is about 36"

I had a prentice loader on a tub grinder, and I gotta say, your US built loader are the biggest pile of crap I've ever used, compared to european style forestry cranes. The prentice type loaders look like something I would build in a workshop, not a piece of modern precision engineering.
I would'nt touch anything that did not have at least a single stage telescopic boom.

At least my Prentice will reach a little farther than 36 inch's.... :/::P

Back