What's your job and why?

• Thread starter Levi
  • Start date
  • Replies 157
  • Views 9K
I work for the local govt up in the Fraser valley. My job title is a Trades 1 arborist, I look after all the trails and natural areas in the city. About 150km of trails I maintain and countless hectares of of undeveloped greens spaces. I love my job, great pay great benefits etc (30/Hr, 5 weeks off a year, full pension). Huge variety of work everything from logging stands of timber to running equipment and building trails. Lots of tree assessments and danger tree falling. Going to be getting into aerial assessments as I learn to climb. I also fall for a guy who has a few hundred acres of second growth cedar up the mtn his shoulders are to messed up to start his saw.
I studied forestry in college have my ISA cert and now my ITA arborist technician TQ
It's getting very hard to find work in the industry without post secondary education in BC these days

tree work since 96'

sold biz in 2015

back to school....crushed anatomy and physiology 1&2, microbiology, chemistry,.......currently Nursing school. Got sights set on CRNA or PA......who knows.

NEVER TO LATE TO EDUCATE ONE SELF

Medicine is rad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
True.

Right on, that's inspiring.

Cool work description, Barry (or is it Mr. Haggardbarry?)

Looking forward to seeing some pictures and descriptions of the specifics...welcome to the House.

Beaver had that tree pointed at a house so we had to take care of it i left it high stumped so anyone walkin past would see why it was cut down. Beaver came back that night and worked on that thing good must chewed it down so there was about an inch of wood holdin up the stump i dont think he looked up and realized there was no tree above him i ll try and find the pic of the stump its amazing

Mostly blackberry and stinging nettle dont have much for poison ivy out my way we do have giant hogweed too if you guys are familiar with that

Back