What's your job and why?

• Thread starter Levi
  • Start date
  • Replies 157
  • Views 9K
I'm talking raw as in right out of the bulk tank. If you didn't grow up on a farm, it could make you sick.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Really guys? Casserole? No thanks... I remember going to visit my father's family in northern Michigan as a child. A big deal was made over a meal called "boiled dinner" oh lord... basically you take a big chunk of ham, some fresh vegetables and water, cook that up until it all tastes the same and has the same consistency and eat up! Not my cup o tea.

Isn't that called porridge? It always sounded good in books about days of old, especially eaten in a wooden bowl with a wooden spoon.

Uh, I think porridge is a grain based product.

I guess Mr. Fancy Pants doesn't like what the peasants eat.

I like to take some mass produced smoked sausage, frozen preferably, cabbage, carrots, onion and potatoes and boil the ever loving shit outta it.

Tasty!

I was waiting for the whopperito to come up.:)

I wouldn't say I'm fancy by any means, I'm not sure I could even say exactly what that entails. I do like food that "tastes" healthy if that makes sense. I know, I'm a hippy...

I shouldn't throw my relatives under the culinary bus like that. My same grandma who served up the boiled dinner also made a mean chicken and dumplings. It was basically chicken soup with dumplings made from bisquik. That's a good one.

Are the extra years that eating Kale will add to your life worth it..........if you have to actually eat that Kale?

Alright Mr. Fancy Hippy Pants. If you dont like boiled meat, or casseroles. What do you eat?

You would freaking starve to death up here.

I eat like I did when I was a kid. We eat like we live in the 50's. Just the way it is. The grandma's cook the same recipes that they learned from their grandma's.

Hippies = long hair and smoking pot, dropping acid, going to rock concerts and grooving out.

That's a hippie. :drink:

Well Jim, I try and eat whole foods. Dinner is usually meat vegetables and a grain, pretty standard I think. We also eat a lot of Mexican food, beans and rice a good bit. I try to stay away from processed and frozen foods and too much dairy but I also eat a lot of junk. Most nights I get high and eat a load of ice cream or cookies or something. It's terrible, I wake up with an ice cream hangover and think I will never do that again but alas, the cycle continues. :|:

Lotsa real Mexican food in Colorado. You lucky bastard. I would eat out a lot too if that were the case up here. Well, that and if we had more than one restaurant!

Its a regular cafe, run by actual Koreans. They cant cook a burger to save their asses, but man is the Korean and Chinese food is great!

Its 30 miles to the closest town with more than one restaurant.

That sounds pretty standard Levi. We cook or put together nearly every meal we eat, sometimes its fish sticks or a frozen pizza, but not very bloody often.

Right on Jim, good Chinese is a tough one around here.

The best mexican food is definitely in mexico lol,you guys are just in the wrong crowd,there are plenty of 'hippies ' still roamin hahaa. My parents were also the same type hippy as Butch,same era too almost.

I get crack out of your posts Jim,there are such different walks of life on this rock

In Southern California, the best burritos I ever had weren't in some fancy Mex restaurant with a fountain and serving watered down marguerites in those giant glasses, where the guy doing the seating is a token Mexican with a mustache and manicure and every hair perfectly in place, but instead in a tiny whitewashed joint in the part of town where it is wise to check out the parking lot before walking to your car. Only real Mexicans can make that good tripe soup they call menudo.

Back