What Gear/Tool Would You Like To "Borrow" (At No Cost)? Anything Goes.....

hey tucker943 ur right bout what u said!!!! ...i just said top knotch arbs cause from what i see on here pretty much everyone is...but u can learn on your own look at nhlocal he does pretty darn good. For learning and askin questions trust me YOU guys will get annoyed with all the questions i am giong to ask in the near future....hey nick is the tcc in lavonia michigan? my buddy's dad lives there ....i grew up in buchanan mich were the pro motocross track is...

No one gets annoyed at all around here with honest questions. Once in awhile a weirdo comes along with no true intentions of learning and gets under peoples skin with absurd questions that are outrageous. Stupid stuff. But if you have a real interest, ask every single question you think of. Really, do it. There's so much knowledge here for you to draw from. Some of these guys here are the real deal and get things done. Ask questions, ask more questions, and post pictures. Like I said, the tree will teach you the most, but a helpful group of experienced guys will sure save you some headaches. Im Chris by the way. Don't ask me questions because my answers are naughty sometimes.

randy tucker bonner thanks a million and yes im real interested in the arborist lifestyle i WILL have my own company one day soon im bout to sell my car and get a f250 plain nothing fancy so i can get a trailer and put a chipper on the front of it like jesse huffman did on you tube out in arizona...my wife said i annoy her with all this tree talk..lol...i have a 92 fox body mustang im bout to sell to go to that school acrt for basic and adv. i hate working on airplanes its just not me anymore...i guess i do have a real question...why do i hate the ascent but im fine once i get up there in the top of the tree....

my freind in cleveland has a landscape company on the side he came down here to work for a week and drove a f350 back to cleveland when he was here...no rusty cars here with cancer..lol...Nick u know anyone that works at the airport?

tucker...naughty answers is fine to i did 4 yrs in the infantry in the army im sure i have heard it all...lol...how i handle annoying questions or someone just being a smart ass is to answer the question with something off the wall...lol...

Ch74...yeah I feel the same on some trees...the ascent can be the worst part of the job, I swear looking UP is worse than looking DOWN, but once I get to the top and the first cut is done, it's like 'whew, all downhill from here!'

I find it takes a few minutes to get into a rhythm for working the tree, especially a larger one, once you're there though you're able to relax and just get on with the work.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
.....to be able to watch a seasoned climber dismantle a really challenging tree, and have the freedom to ask how/why did you do that at any time during the job..... :)

ClimbMIT...Yes i did and thanks a million. That is one of the reasons why im going to sell my project car to go to acrt...Bermy, thanks for that now i know im not the only one, And, i also agree looking up is worst most times i just stair at my hitch infront of my face..lol..But the last time i climbed i kinda planned a step off spot and it work out much better then just shootin from the hip...

You'll get over it for the most part, but every now and then, yeah looking up is wearisome. A plan is a good thing!

Still..............having tree time with a veteran/experienced climber(on the job or otherwise)would be #1 on the list every time for me. :)
I've never been able to do that, and I'm the kind of person that when I see something done(right in front of me, not on video)it's so much easier for me to understand it. :thumbupold:
.....someday.....

No Lone Ranger here. I'm just being realistic with the schedule I have. No need for me to get into
why I keep a "full" schedule or the obligations/responsibilities I have(not on a on a public forum anyway).
I have a passion for tree work and the desire to get better at doing it, every time I cut. I use some of my
sleep time and the "bits of extra time after work" to get information online(you guys), videos, practice in
my back yard, and applying what I learn to the part time tree work I do. I love it. :D
Not whining, not at all. As I said, I like to be honest and up front with myself(realistic), makes getting
things done a lot easier.
But having tree time with a veteran/experienced climber sure would make the learning curve a lot steeper! :D

spider6.jpg

Where did you get this picture of the lift?

Back