What Gear/Tool Would You Like To "Borrow" (At No Cost)? Anything Goes.....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M3sbAa_CqRk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My idiot neighbor is going to cut down his hemp hedge that is along a chain link fence. He's going to have to borrow a chainsaw from the other neighbor that isn't much brighter! Neither can sharpen a chain! This won't end well!

We just cut down a 300 or 400 yard hedge row at the college that we tore out all the trees at. It was probly 6 foot across and 5' high. No fence but we threw the chain about 2 dozen times.

I don't know exactly what it is, Butch. The one idiot calls it Hemp, it's overgrown, 9' tall and the stumps are 4-6" dia. all along the chainlink.
I know it's hard as rocks trying to cut it and the few root balls I got out of the ground made me and the Bobcat do everything we could to get them out!

Andy, seems like you could be helping to remove a dangerous menace from your community there, or at least from your street.

Other than sitting in my chair and laughing while I watch, that's all the help the fool will get from me! This is the same d-bag that I helped pour his driveway, didn't get my tools back and left my wheel barrows full of concrete for two weeks! I'm done with him!

HH
Tree time with a really good SRT climber
Tree time with a good rigger
Chipper
Crane truck

i would want all the wizdom from all the top knotch arb on this site so i can start my own buiz and buy my own shi& ..just sayin..lol...but also would want a 562xp a/t full port with unlimited coil and upgraded carb chip...and a silvey square ground grinder...top of the line one...i would leave my old lady for all of that ....lol...

i would want all the wizdom from all the top knotch arb on this site so i can start my own buiz and buy my own shi& ..just sayin..lol...but also would want a 562xp a/t full port with unlimited coil and upgraded carb chip...and a silvey square ground grinder...top of the line one...i would leave my old lady for all of that ....lol...

You can learn a ton and be successful in this business without a top notch tree worker aiding you. IT HELPS. But, a willing mind and a strong back is what got most all of us into this business. The tree will teach you most of what you need to know. Help from others will improve the safety factor and shorten the learning curve.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can learn a ton and be successful in this business without a top notch tree worker aiding you. IT HELPS. But, a willing mind and a strong back is what got most all of us into this business. The tree will teach you most of what you need to know. Help from others will improve the safety factor and shorten the learning curve.

I'm counting on that, it's one of the main reasons I'm here. :thumbupold:
Class is always in session for me..... ;)

Randy, why dont you attend a local TCC. I personally guarantee you will love it, plus you can meet like minded people and maybe get some contacts for some rec climbing.

I probably shouldn't apologize but, sorry for the TOTAL newbie question, :|: TCC??? :|:

http://www.newenglandisa.org/tree_climbing_championship.html

You missed this years New England ISA TCC. There is a non-sanctioned (read: SRT friendly, open ascent, no ISA rules) TCC in Michigan July 13th, its called TreeJam (sponsored by Bartlett Arborist Supply) and is put on by a guy named Jake Carufel who made the "Art House Splicing" video with 10mm OP. I will be attending that one, call in some vacation and come!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TREE-JAM/444767712284889

Check out the registration form I made for Jake. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1xqOJG5THLKGlf8wfkb-TxyVol0oHAqIwnr6WQQ7ZCQk/viewform

Nick,
that really would be great, I know I'd enjoy it. But, there's reasons I can't go. :(
Maybe if it were closer..... :(.....

Back