What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Anniversary tonight, I am taking my wife out to a fancy rooftop revolving resturant.

Happy Anniversary Craig!

Dinner for me tonight:

Poke: Pronounced pokeh. Raw fish, Hawaiian style.
Poi: Pounded root of the taro plant.
Beer: Paulaner Hefeweizen.

yum!

Do they soak the fish in lime juice to sort a cook it? Sounds good, Sushi island style.:lol:

Dinner was awesome and the view was incredible. It was our 1st time to a revolving rooftop resturant. It took 90 minutes for the whole place to go around. I guess it used to only take 60 minutes but too many people were complaining about motion sickness.

No Bivy, there's no citrus juice. It's not like ceviche. This is just fresh RAW fish, with seasonings. And it's damn good.

The fish was ahi, which is a kind of tuna. The one I had was seasoned with soy sauce, sesame seeds, onions, and chili pepper. There's lots of variations though. It's pretty popular stuff here, goes great with beer.

Dinner was awesome and the view was incredible. It was our 1st time to a revolving rooftop resturant. It took 90 minutes for the whole place to go around. I guess it used to only take 60 minutes but too many people were complaining about motion sickness.

We have the Space Needle in Seattle. It has a revolving restaraunt at the top as well. Cool place to eat but expensive...:O

Gary

Y'all are livin' the high life >>> I was take-out lasagna & salad. Edible.

We have the Space Needle in Seattle. It has a revolving restaraunt at the top as well. Cool place to eat but expensive...:O

Gary

had supper there a few years back, kinda fun to play the " whats left on the ledge this go round" game as purses and such get left on the wrong part of the eating area.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dinner on the barby tonight. So good, some of the best wings I have ever had. John started them in the oven, along with some ribs...then they ended up on the bbq grill...fell off the bone. That along with a salad and he & Hillary had a bake potatoe. Yum. Oh, and of course garlic bread.

Gary

The Space Needle - here's my story about that place......

My wife were driving through Seattle when she pointed and said - "There's the Spaz Nedle". So, I'm looking around in confusion thinking "wtf is a spaz nedle". Finally she said "the tall pointed building". Ahh - "The Space Needle". Seems her father had jokingly called it the Spaz Nedle sometime during her childhood and never corrected the pronunciation. I still give her hell about that.

Oh, Brother James !!! You just gotta LOVE THAT ONE !!! LMFAO !
My baby sister was a HUGE "Grease" fan... Always quoting the line from John & Olivia :
"You'd better shape up, 'cause I need a man...."

...Somewhere along the line(s), it says, : "'Cause the LOVE you're supplyin' >>> IT'S ELECTRIFYIN' !!!"
My sis (12 yrs. old @ the time) always sang, "'Cause the love, your're SO FLYIN' ! IT'S ELECTRIFYIN' !!!"
I razz her about it to this day >> And it WORKS !!! LMFAO !!!

Well... we were gonna do the Red Robin thing tonight... but we got stuck in traffic on the way off My Island, and when we got there after goin' to a couple of stores first, there were people waitin' outside to get in. 45 minute wait... at Red Robin???:what:

Anyways... we came home and had chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches instead. How come somethin' so simple tastes so dang good???:) :) Yum!!!

Gary

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Breakfast in Australia. Lauri said they eat a lot of ice cream over there. Can you imagine, eggs, baked beans, and ice cream for breakfast?

Breakfast in Australia. Lauri said they eat a lot of ice cream over there. Can you imagine, eggs, baked beans, and ice cream for breakfast?

Jayzuss, they're doing it right over there, ey ?!?
<tummy rumblin' !>
Thanks for the pix, Ginger !