Using Two Climb Lines

I wouldn't want two bridges all the time. One bridge is suitable most times. Last time I ran two climb lines was over a tipped tree without a strong lanyard. Two rope pulling 120 degrees apart was a pain in the A*^.

I'm going for two SRT climbing systems tomorrow. I moved this cottonwood job up while weather is good, and I didn't have to think too much about it. I'll probably try two bridges.

Keeping the climbing ropes and rigging ropes from getting messed up will be an exercise in rope management.

My $0.02, be very vigilant about the path of falling tree parts, and your climbing line tails.

I'm going for two SRT climbing systems tomorrow. I moved this cottonwood job up while weather is good, and I didn't have to think too much about it. I'll probably try two bridges.

Keeping the climbing ropes and rigging ropes from getting messed up will be an exercise in rope management.

My $0.02, be very vigilant about the path of falling tree parts, and your climbing line tails.

Well, how did it go ? When I've tied in twice I found it handy to have an independent attachment on the bridge for each device But haven't tried the 2 bridge settup.

I didn't set up the second bridge, and only use a 30' or so lanyard. Shoulda. Big funky tree. Windy today.

I love using two lines , not necessarily together though.
I use them quite regularly on big prunes/ deadwoods its super handy and saves a lot of upping and downing. throwing in and getting a good route to work on the way up just makes so much sense. I work a section on the wrench on the way up and have my ddrt system tied to the tail of the access line , when your up , you can install your ddrt system and then redirect the access line over to another part of the tree, this means you can work some of the tricky tips with the ddrt system and a section down....... then swing over and clip back into the redirected access line. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-P8FPf9sP94" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Used to used two climb lines a majority of the time with DdRT. Then went to one using SRT. But the price of my favorite climb line went from $200 to almost $400 because of exchange rate, I'm using a 70ft hank of allgear neolite as a second climb line more often, it's cheap and available locally and saves alot of wear and tear on my vortex when I would normally use the tail end as a second climb line.

climbernz I liked that trick you did with your lanyard. 4.31
I wonder if I could use that climbing with a hitchhicker?

Slick, Jesse.

It should work fine with any system, SRT or Ddrt.

Cheers sean, yeah your right mate, it works well in ddrt or srt. I mainly use it when I'm right out on the tips and theres nothing to securely lanyard into, it makes for some really comfy work positioning and a nice redundancy if you were to slip. (if you use it ddrt , just clip it to the standing leg of your climbing line, much less friction then clipping into both legs)

nice. I was thinking that the karabiner would hit the hitch causing the hitch to release.
I have to watch it again.(not at 200amlol).
thanks for taking the time to make and post that vid. I cant get anof!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZrGNZsig0qM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://youtu.be/ZrGNZsig0qM

Another way to get up the tree. I use my pantin like spurs. It's nice to redirect the lines as I go alternating between one and another

One bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. two birds in the hand looks like a smoooth descent! The ride up looks good also; pantin in place of the knee ascender and two ropes for a nice grip. Do you use one rope generally and just redirect from the tip for work positioning? or 3 ropes with one base tied ? I guess the possibilities are numerous.

Back