Tricks of The Trade

• Thread starter klimbinfool
  • Start date
  • Replies 58
  • Views 6K
K

klimbinfool

Is there a thread on Tricks of The Trade? I see stuff kida scattered through out but nothing concentrated or compiled. Am I missing it ?

Greg, that sort of topic is disseminated through a number of different thread headings. Depending on what feels right with the poster.

Announcements, Odds and Ends, The Garage, Climbing and so on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, I'll hunt around

That would be the topping thread in a previous TH iteration. Everyone who ever topped a tree for any reasdon got accused of whoredom/turning tricks.;)

That was an epic thread, filled with drama and all that is good and evil in people.

Why don't we begin one, with a rule on digressions-each new post must contain a new tip or trick.

Yes that would be good and actual pics instead of a long paragraph to try and cypher. Ahh ! damn Butch is going to get me on that word.

I'll post one tomorrow evening for all you footlockers out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. I almost I wish I had a moderator to watch over that stuff. We go OT a lot here, and I wonder if that's kinda sucky. But, on the other hand, I seen forums that are WAY too strict on that.

Here's how I feel about going OT. If it doesn't bother the OP, then it's cool. Then, the OP can PM me with a "WTF?" message, and I'll go back and see what I can do .

Why don't we begin one, with a rule on digressions-each new post must contain a new tip or trick.

Most OT stuff is good discussion, a thread usually lives or dies on its own merits.

Ok , got the WTF mate, but what are all the other OP & OT acronyms

Don't see how limiting to a new trick each post serves us well. There is bound to be some follow up enquiries about a method....asking for clarification, etc. Just trying to stay on topic, ESPECIALLY at the "tricks" thread, Isn't that sufficient?

Don't see how limiting to a new trick each post serves us well. There is bound to be some follow up enquiries about a method....asking for clarification, etc. Just trying to stay on topic, ESPECIALLY at the "tricks" thread, Isn't that sufficient?

OP = Original Poster, the person who started the thread
OT = Off Topic

Moderation isn't needed so much, all it takes is for the OP (or anybody else) to just say "Hey guys, let's get back on topic" and then steer the conversation back on topic. Then it just happens, it's that easy. :)

We could always do a sign up for the thread. Agreeing to the terms of the contract obligates you to stay on topic. :/:

When you hurt your foot, we went a week without any without so much as a hiccup (except for everybody worried about you).

must keep you pretty busy Butch.

Heck moderate me? No way man. If a thread is started with a serious intent I'll do my best to stay OT(on topic). But I'm one of if not the worst for generally leading things astray.:|:

I would think a tricks O the trade thread would be cool as a sticky or something and rubbish posts could be kept out of it or cleaned out by MB as the case may be.

I'll post one tomorrow evening for all you footlockers out there.

I look forward to that.
I seem to remember I first met you, you footlocked up at least 100' up a redwood.
You used those little bars clamped onto jumars. I remember you made it look so easy and went up so fast, that I thought 'hey, I can do that'. Christ allmighty, I felt like I was about to die after maybe 30' :lol:

Thats when I started looking around for a system that would work for me. I use a modified rope walker system now.

Back