Tree felling vids

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cJzteeYBsNc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

just found this gem..

alternative title: don't look back, just keep running

Well, no wonder.
That was obviously a real difficult tree to fall.

I'm sure everyone's had a few miscalculations and close calls, but hopefully not of that magnitude. They're fortunate they didn't get the primary line too when the dominos started falling. Blew a primary fuse once when a limb brushed the neutral and it bounced up into the primary. I had a few leads on new work in the neighborhood until I put them all in the dark. Cost me $250 to have the trouble man come and re-fuse it too.

Glad nobody got hurt there. Feel bad for the cutter though. He musta felt terrible. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Well, no wonder.
That was obviously a real difficult tree to fall.

I wouldn't blame that on entirely on the tree... How about having enough line to keep the men and equipment out of the drop radius, and controlling the work zone...
or just knowing when its too much for your company and hiring a tree climber..

Murph, have you ever heard of irony?

The point I was trying to make, was that any faller worth his salt could have dropped that one with a couple of wedges.

Yes, but for all of our technological advances, some would say we are still living in the Irony Age.

That was crazy. Shows why the best escape route is 45* away from stump. That damn butt was chasing his azz.

Yeah, Jay... I don't... Not like that anyway. I've seen a few small B.C's, but absolutely NOTHING compared to that one! Then again, I don't fall that much O.G.T.:lol: Man, that guy's quick on his toes. Funny: the only reason that the barber-chaired log went away from him is because he had the hinge all the way cut-up on his near side, so, when it split up vertically, it ended up swinging out away from him. Goofball wasn't even looking up! Still... looked like he knew what was coming, which was the only reason he was able to bail-out so fast. Yeah, Stig: I'm thinking that the only reason you wouldn't bore that pig would be from the neglect that comes from wanting to finish the day early. Not that I've ever done that. :|:

Looks like Coastal BC to me. SOP. Anyone wanting to knock that fellas techniques needs to walk a day in those Vibergs.

Back