Tree felling vids

Here's some footage of a water oak I took down two years ago. Helmet cam card was full...got zero footage with it....:(

My daughter filmed with my Canon on tripod until its card got full or batteries died, I forget which. Anywho, here's some of what I got....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0H5F7eLGAsQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was a sweet final cut, using the drill and all on the grcs.

Did you consider using a crane to nuke that tree?

Crane would have cost too much, Cory. I took that oak out for $600. No way I could have done that using a crane. Also took out a pecan, though it was rather simple in comparison.

There were three guys from the church there, one of whom lived two blocks away. He brought his Kubota with front end loader/forks and they pretty much kept it pulled out of the way for us. Really helped out not having the debris pile up.

The GRCS was a help, though we only winched three I think. Used the bollard for nearly all of it.

You gave them the brother-in-law price! Deal of the century. I would have charged at least twice that.

Bet you will get some good referral business from that.

Markets dictate a lot. What a tree is worth here and what its worth 100 miles south of here are two seriously different animals.

You just know what's gonna happen
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=07c066b211eb" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

;that was one of the best ever, that had me howling. Unbelievable.

A very good one.
I didn't expect that the truck could be able to roll away with such a load (and hit).
Tough truck for sure.

Back