Tree felling vids

Nice vid I found.
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bspGMHxw4Sg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was captivating and mesmerizing....cool to watch. Some of the shots looked like toys.

Now....why does the climber ride the deadwood pick? I have never seen that before...it DID look cool.

Think it through, Gary. The tree wasn't safe to climb until he got down to sturdier wood so he had nothing else to tie in to.

Thats the best tilt-shift vid I've seen, nice find McStink;)

Interesting vid effect, I expected Gumby to show up with his horse pal. Never have seen a climber lowered attached to a pick before either...well maybe one time. :/:

Wonder if he was attached to the pick or still the crane ball, or both?

Those guys were hella cool, I forget his name, but I have his card.
We met with Scott Chapple at a GTG at Leggitt, we all went off to climb this Reynolds Tree.

Sick Video. Loved the effect.

Interesting vid effect, I expected Gumby to show up with his horse pal. Never have seen a climber lowered attached to a pick before either...well maybe one time. :/:

Wonder if he was attached to the pick or still the crane ball, or both?

Hahaha...Gumby...that's exactly what it looked like.

Re" attached to the pick or crane ball...that's what I was trying to wrap my brain around...I had a mental disconnect when I saw the climber lift off with the dead wood.

I have to believe someone has posted this vid before, but I couldn't recall seeing it...if it's a repeat, sorry.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PLuNInfR1y8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'd love to know in the History of Man, Saws, and Ladders how many times that exact event has occured? I know I've seen at least three of these same videos already.

Homeowner + ladder + chainsaw = never good.

Wow! I went back a page and watched that tilt-shift video. That's the best tree work video I've ever seen. Way cool. I wish they had tilt shifted Graeme's Tehune job.

Back