Tree felling vids

Cody had a block upside down today:dur: Think its time to invest in one of those fancy new high impact ones!

I'm also surprised that square rigging wood is your favorite part of the job Deva. I don't mind it on smaller wood but knotty fir is pain.

I'm just saying, that I enjoy it. Favorite part, I guess is getting paid or deadwooding coast live oaks.

False crotching wood is fun, I like the teamwork. I have an awesome ropero that I work with on big stuff.
What are other people's favorites? Some people like false crotching tops, I love it too,
in fact false crotching wood is like doing ten tops one after another after another,
and they get bigger and bigger as you go.

Just my little 2 centavos.

Gord, I love working Douglas fir, it's the only sps of Fir I've worked on.
We have many many Monterey Pines, Super fat gross, knotty, snotty, messes. Those suck.
There is a point where you can't catch the wood, I mean like anything over 40" starts getting really pretty heavy.
4 and 5 wraps really don't run very well, that's when ropes start breaking.

I've never heard the term square rigging before this thread.

No, Manganese.
Basically I was saying a climber is limited to about 3 wraps for running.
It's hard to get 4-5 wraps to run smoothly when false crotching.
Things seem to seize up with that many wraps.

Yeah thats me in the tree. In another Fir, one of my crew helped the camera man up to our working height and on the ground the crew was helping set-up the " mainline"

And THAT was excellent!! Obviously a BIG rush for the TV guy...well done. Cool that they had a camera on the top as it fell.

Back