This is the Akimbo

I'm in too! Cool!

What an adventure you are on, Jamie!

The power of the internet is mind boggling. Between the fast money raised and the tweaking of the design as you go to quickly evolve better iterations of the Akimbo, it is amazing the speed of development. I read an article somewhere recently that talked about the main way humans have been able to develop their civilization to such a high degree is mainly due to the ability to communicate and cooperate, rather than just brain power/intelligence alone.

Btw, the business model being followed here is following the Lean Start Up approach, interesting stuff.

..... Having not used a mechanical ever, how is fine feathering movements out on limb walks? I have problems with friction on a wrench for sure.....

The Akimbo has smooth and predictable feathering, for an SRT device. If the RW is giving you trouble you probably need to spend more time on a single line to master the differences. It is not uncommon for long time DdRT climbers to fumble a bit in the switch to SRWP. I had trouble, felt like a fool on some days. But now I will use DdRT only rarely and don't like it at all when I do.

Personally, rarely, as I have an SRT rope walker and Wraptor, and don't do many spreading trees, though I love them, and see the benefit of having the help to pull my self back, but moreso like to have the tail farther way from me to balance and tend slack on returning from limb walks.

I've used it before when I was doing end-weight reduction, up and down many times in a big fir.

I try to use leg power as much as possible, knowing that my wrists won't last forever, and have had tendonitis before.

I just started setting a 3:1 haulback with my runner and I love the concept, just have to be sure the runner re-engages as the 3:1 setup collapses the runner

Wow just wow, Jamie you better get out of the closet and back to work. I missed this thread yesterday and missed out on the first 50 by a long shot. Nice to see all the tree folks backing you earnestly!

Shit, the time difference got the better of me.
Should have been in on this earlier.
Richard and I will add a grand to the total.

I want it as my top ascender in my double bungee rope walker system

Nick, you should be able to clip the Akimbo to your chest harness if your bridge is long enough. It is what I do and it is almost as smooth as a chest roller. It is really nice when combined with a knee and foot ascender, to have that support while having both your hands free to maneuver around limbs.

I'm on board for one.
Wow, Jaime ...it's up to a serious number....20k.

Stoked for you....I mean us....meaning getting to climb on my own akimbo.

That thing is genius.

Jaime: I've been avoiding this thread cause I'm ashamed of myself, brother. It's been a super-tight year for us. Just asked the boss for a raise, and he said, "Yes," but still... wish I'd have been on-board for ya.

Ah, heck, at the rate you're going, you'll pay better than our current Boss in no time. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jaime: I've been avoiding this thread cause I'm ashamed of myself, brother. It's been a super-tight year for us. Just asked the boss for a raise, and he said, "Yes," but still... wish I'd have been on-board for ya.

Ah, heck, at the rate you're going, you'll pay better than our current Boss in no time. ;)
i showed Travis the gofundme site and i could see the fear in his eyes;)

Back