The Truck Thread

That's a sweet looking ride Nick. That box alone is 20,000 up where I'm at. I still wouldn't do a greyhound ride out to sticks with 17 grand in my pack. For the guy to drive 40 miles for the sale is nothing. Might be too good to be true.

My buddy RoadBlock is willing to help you out. :drink:

34fnxpd.jpg

poster98362953.jpg Well speaking of trucks. I'm considering putting a top on my ghetto rig so I can chip into it on ocassion, or just use it on smaller climb only jobs type thing. Anyone got any idears on the best way to do it? I'd like it to look good, I mean afterall it's a sweet ride! Lol. Oh yah it has to be cheap too.......err I mean inexpensive.

Steel tube and custom mesh(read utility knife) screwed to the frame. Get almost 18 months out of the tarp.

Truck gets a bit dusty. But most chip trucks do!

I'd like to gain some height though for added capacity(should have added that in my other post I suppose lol). I have plywooded it before. It's 8' wide, plywood is a snap and probably the way I'll go just thought I'd pick the treehouse brains to see what other options there might be that I haven't thought of. Thinking I'd like to be able to at the least chip into it as well as the bucket if I need that bit extra of capacity to avoid a return trip. It's a PTO dumpbed that I haven't dumped anything out of in years now. Every now and then I raise it just to make sure it's still working.

Yeah I can remove it myself. No problem. Aluminum would beeven better. I don't have means to weld aluminum though...

I went six inches tall on it.

Sheet metal the front,you can thank me later!!

How is the front on yours? I'd be worried about the wind battering it. We travel about 20mins of highway everyday.

If I had time to modify it. I'd slant the front end. Less drag but I've had zero issues with it get torn from wind damage.
We can discuss employees driving under low limbs on a different thread.

My old 1990 Super Duty 7.3l stake bed dump is still for sale.
The guy I sold it to took a new job and was away and too busy to sell it while I was in Europe.
Going to go see what shape they've left it in and maybe buy it back tomorrow.
I know it needs front tires and an exhaust system at the least.
Be a chance to fabricate a new streamlined "Y" pipe into a larger diameter exhaust pipe with a somewhat more free-flow muffler.
Transmission was rebuilt two years ago, and it got 4 new tires o the rear and a new pump-in-tank for the lift.
If it is reasonable I'll pick it back up; has a nice custom body on it.
Only had about 75k on it when I sold it and it is around 118k now if I heard correctly.
The kid's father works fleet maintenance for a large shipping company (Estes Trucking) so it did get regular attention until the son closed his business.

Nickaraya,
I looked at one of those Isuzus before I got the Super Duty. After reading about them I was impressed, but even more so by the Mitsubishi Fuso version; that is a real nice truck. A friend got the Isuzu, with the smaller diesel engine and he has had issues with it, but that is only one data point.
One of those with the saddle-style toolbox mounted behind the cab would be a sweet rig for smaller and pruning jobs. The 16 yard Internationals are great when the chips are piling up quickly on a large crane takedown, but many days the lower fuel costs, better turning radius, and actually being able to hear your satellite radio would be nice reasons to have a little Isuzu or Mitsibushi Fuso.

...and actually being able to hear your satellite radio would be nice reasons to have a little Isuzu or Mitsibushi Fuso.

You know me well, pat!

He can't have Mitsubishi or Isuzu, his customers won't tolerate it.

Dang- you guys don't miss a thing!

The good thing- if I can get the last one I pictured, it's a GMC brand. We all know the actual engine is japanese, but it says GMC all over it!

Some of the coolest people I have ever met were Japanese Americans. They took the best from both worlds and were tough mofos. That generation is disappearing, sadly.

Not a truck, but not a car, either.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q4qn0JGM__8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back