Holan bucket truck outriggers, the rebuildening

I'm sorry, it's simply a figure of speech with roughly the same meaning as suck it up, and is very common in the Midwest. He was explaining the desire to have stuff you can't afford, and i thought it was a fitting use at the time since everyone has that problem always.

A common use is right before you have to do something miserable at work, didn't think anyone would take it literal.

all of this is 100% my fault tho so dont feel bad for me
I could do things better, I just havent put the time into learning how
That's a responsible attitude. 👍

I wouldn't drink out of the toilets, clearly. It's the same potable water supply for my toilet as my sink, and the same everywhere I go.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wouldn't drink out of the toilets, clearly. It's the same potable water supply for my toilet as my sink, and the same everywhere I go.
it could be a brand new toilet, cleaned with bleach, and straight purified water in it, im still not drinking from it

hey now, that could offend someone!!!!
joking aside, yes, yes I do have that much clean water, wait till he finds out that I power wash my trucks!

26a77c5f6e81076ab59798b3e99d7376--endless-water.jpg

all of this is 100% my fault tho so dont feel bad for me
I could do things better, I just havent put the time into learning how
For an 18 year old kid I'd say you're doing pretty damn good working with what you have. You are miles ahead of me when I was your age, probably ahead of me when I was 28.

my biggest issue really id say is people skills, but not much issue in person

called the shop again, supposed to get my cylinder today or tomorrow
the threads on the gland nut were messed up, and they had to send it off to the machine shop to get fixed, apperently it took their long spanner wrench and 9ft of cheater pipe to un screw it
so, 2 machine shop trips, seals, hourly shop rate
this wont be a $150 rebuild, the pin will probably be $225 or so, and the cylinder I expect to be $5-600 easy, yikes

Because this one will likely be a welded one so it's gonna be far harder to do, requiring several hundred foot pounds of torque for disassembly and assembly with a special spanner wrench that needs to be purchased or fabricated first.

That would be the 9' breaker bars :lol:

Just taking the gland nut off will require a torch (to heat up to break the locktite), a spanner wrench to fit the nut, braker bars and cheaters roughly 6 feet long, and a metal table substantial enough to hold everything in place to work on it. Then you'll have to hook up either hydraulics or pneumatics to push the plunger out, and be able to catch that without damaging it. More heat and wrenching, then it's time to bust out the indicators and mics to see what's actually going on with it. You'll then fight the seals and rings, installed with the proper assembly grease/oil, and will have to torque components to their required values, which you'll have to look up. Fun fun lol
you done this before I assume?

The gland shouldn’t have had bad threads unless there is a set screw or locking pin they didn’t remove first.

Lol I'm messing with you man, yes I've had to do a few, and helped on other ones. If they didn't use heat to break the locktite it'll rip the threads out. The fact that they had to use roughly 10' of leverage to get it off really makes me think that's what they did.

Lol I'm messing with you man, yes I've had to do a few, and helped on other ones. If they didn't use heat to break the locktite it'll rip the threads out. The fact that they had to use roughly 10' of leverage to get it off really makes me think that's what they did.
id think with some heat, up to 600* or so it would loosen up since the barrel would expand so far, and the locktite would melt
the seals are trash anyways, nothing the heat can hurt

machine shop still has the cylinder, I called and tried to figure out when itll be done since I was supposed to pick it up today, no answer to that question, however I did round up one of their guys personally who knows my neighbor and he said he will deliver it when its done

Just got the call from the shop to go pick up the cylinder finally, now to finish getting the old pin out.

Edit, just got it, $437
They forgot the pin I handed over to get made when they picked it up from the machine shop, so I can't put both outriggers back together...

Last edited:
Got this far tonight, come back tomorrow

So far so good tho, just time consuming, i will probably have a better idea in the morning
336202973_1621373884973469_2616164916378999412_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back