The RIP Thread...

Dean was wearing a go pro and it survived, of course. The footage apparently shows the guy clipping a rocky ridge and Dean swerving away and hitting another rocky ridge. The partner had jumped from the same spot a day or 2 or 3 before. I wonder what went wrong, downdrafts?

I hate that I have knowledge in this area, but due to the impact, it's likely that the video cards would have been ejected before the file headers were written and the last 30 to 60 seconds will not be readable. The binary data is on the card and can be recovered as long as no new data has been written to the card. I think this is why you see so little POV from a terminal wingsuit accident.

My guess is that they placed their lives in a place where survival was dependent on converting altitude into glide with an incredibly inefficient wing and they got a poor exchange rate.

RIP

That is an easy fix.

When asked by students what it takes to get really good at karate, my answer is always: " Get your tubes tied"

None of my masters have had kids. Hard to do a full time job and become proficient at a martial art, while having kids at the same time.

I would say that depends on how you ride.
Puttering along on a cruiser isn't all that dangerous, but riding fast and exploring the edge of the envelope all the time sure is.
I've slowed down a lot since I got married.

I waver on the idea of a tiny commuter bike. Two days ago, I used a bicycle to shuttle a truck, solo. It was barely over a mile. It would free me up regarding having a second driver I trust, particularly, towing. Paul's crane motor bike set-up has gears turning again.

A diesel motorcycle, huh????
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/5025890341.html

I wrecked one motorcycle of my own error, but most incidents I hear about are caused by other drivers. The others are also my biggest concern when riding. Failing to see the motorcycle because they are looking for cars leads to most issues. I have had drivers pull out from a side road, skip the right lane and jump directly into the left lane, just in front of me, then hit the brakes because they were making a left turn but didn't move over into the turning lane. idiots. No crash occured, but panic braking on a bike is no fun. . .

I still recommend a motorcycle, just be aware that people are unknowingly trying to kill you. :)

No but the balls out stuff in town sure does.
Most people here live in towns, so that is where they ride.
All the frigging hipsters on their frigging cafe racers.

Jim, are you familiar with the concept "Town"?
A large bunch of houses and people who for inexplicable reasons voluntarily choose to live that way.

I think if you ride south for a day or so, you may run into something like that, in a small way, of course.:P

An ageing population might mean more wrecks too, unless driving twenty mph under the speed limit balances things out.

Poor guy has been dying for yrs. even with his diabetes at wicked levels he'd still play. Hell, he fell asleep when I saw him 10 yrs ago.

Back