The RIP Thread...

My older brother has recently been hospitalized a lot. He tells me that even though he is sick, he feels somewhat fortunate at his age to have made it so far previously without a problem. He said that around him he has seen so many still relatively young people with serious illnesses in the hospital. Good health is such a precious thing to not be taken for granted.

Sorry to hear this, Jay. Sounds like this has been an ongoing thing for a while before the hospitalizations, if I have picked up correctly, along the way. This is a brother living in Japan, right?

Good health...you don't know what you've got 'til its gone.

Right, Sean, he came down with bladder cancer. A bad number down there in the pipes. Not a smoker, but anyone that does is crazy and playing with the potential for a whole lot of misery.

Will miss the man, for sure.

I think Tom was Click, as they were generally referred to as Tom and Ray, the Click and Clack brothers.

Rest in Peace John Ott.

Iron worker, Private detective, philosopher, great friend, and sax player extraordinaire.

I will miss him stopping in to visit each week and working with him on musical projects. Too bad he never got to finish his planned last project of original material that sits partly done in the studio.

Don't have all the details other than it was a heart attack while he was on the phone with his detective agency partner. No services 'til Spring is the word so far.

:(

I just found out that an old friend of mine hung himself.

Rest in peace, Damien. I can't imagine why you offed yourself.

Attachments

• damien 1.jpg
    damien 1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 79
Sorry, Butch. Coming up on three years since my best friend hung himself. A Lot of his friends were shocked, and knew nothing of his demons. Mike and I knew for a long time that he wouldn't become an old man.

Phillip Hughes was an Australian cricket player who passed away recently, his funeral was today-he would have turned 26 the Sunday just passed. He was killed when struck in the back of the head by a cricket ball. I don't follow the sport much but just wanted to put up a post in recognition of Phil who was a kid from a small country town that made it to the big time and did it with a flamboyant style. Rest in Peace Phil Hughes

Phillip-Hughes-001.jpg 2105193.jpg

A good friend of mine's brother died last night, not of any big significance, but he was only 47 and died of a heart attack. You just never know!

A fact, there are lots of young guys in the hospital with serious life threatening illnesses. DNA combined with lifestyle will get you, or it probably can work the other way too, being careful can fight the negative DNA tendency. Medicine often saves them, but it's good to start taking care of yourself from a young age. Smoking is a fool's habit no doubt, it sure can lead to a lot of pain and misery, tubes shoved up every place that you can imagine and the docs slowly want to carve you up, and your own natural abilities incapacitated. Watching what you eat and drink and not too much is the way to go. People generally eat more than they need to when it is available.

I've been in a hospital ward a lot lately, helping to look after someone. Those places are no fun. It can be an emotional struggle that results from hospitalisation as well, for yourself and family. Big tough dudes crumble just as easily. It's good to be scared of it happening.

The really bad deal about this, Jay, is I talked to his brother today. He'd cut back on his smoking, drinking and had dropped weight. They did three stints the first time he went in, and committed to change.
Problem was his body didn't like his meds! They had him on Previcide, I believe, for a blood thinner. He went down at work yesterday am, they got him in right away, opened him up and did three more stints and thought he was under control for the time being. They had planned going back in when he'd stabilized. But the meds would have none of it! Instead of thinning his blood, the Prevacide was coagulating it causing clots. They couldn't get his blood to thin out fast enough. He was a walking time bomb. Either an aneurysm or a heart attack, much like the way my best friend went, he was a dead man, just didn't know it.
Sorry, I'm becoming more of a cynic all the time, stories like this, and my own ordeals, really make me wonder if the Dr's really have a clue what they are doing!

Back