The RIP Thread...

She did cough up an apology at her parole hearing. Bet she'd would have run back to Charlie if they had been released at some point.

That article didn't make it sound like she would based on her testimony in court.

Atkins was described as a model prisoner who accepted responsibility for her crime, but Tate said Atkins had never offered her an apology.

This is what I was refering to.

Rest I n Peace Bobby. This Friday a great man Died climbing. Dead Hemlock root failure on Whidbey Island. You will be missed and remembered

I went to a memorial today for a guy I didn't know. I briefly posted about his death, which was 9 days ago. He was grounding for Eastside Tree Works, the company that had the two bad accidents not even 10 months ago. Josh, good friends with my climber Brian, who had worked for me a bit, had rappeled off the end of his line. Then, 10 days later, some dufus got his foot in the chipper, lost 4 toes, came inches from losing his life. Neither have returned to work.

This episode went down like this. Doug fir removal, chipper nearby, being sectioned down. At about 45 feet, the climber was facing up a section, about 6 feet long. He had started his backcut, had it down to a tiny hinge when his saw ran out of fuel. Sent saw down.....may have neglected to warn groundie of the hazard. While he was moving around, or the action of the saw lowering, the section was jostled, and it fell, instantly killing the 43 old worker. Memorial was at his house, his girlfriend was speaking when Catrina (my lady and groundie) and I arrived way late. Today was their 9 yr old daughter's birthday.....I didn't know this beforehand. As we were leaving, Catrina told me to give her some cash as a present. She is so thoughtful.
Certainly a 100% avoidable and careless accident..but the event was not the place to discuss the tragedy in that way.

I tell me guys not to trust me when I am lifting or lowering stuff down on the rope. Just dropping a block and a bull line could do you in.

I went to a memorial today for a guy I didn't know. I briefly posted about his death, which was 9 days ago. He was grounding for Eastside Tree Works, the company that had the two bad accidents not even 10 months ago. Josh, good friends with my climber Brian, who had worked for me a bit, had rappeled off the end of his line. Then, 10 days later, some dufus got his foot in the chipper, lost 4 toes, came inches from losing his life. Neither have returned to work.

This episode went down like this. Doug fir removal, chipper nearby, being sectioned down. At about 45 feet, the climber was facing up a section, about 6 feet long. He had started his backcut, had it down to a tiny hinge when his saw ran out of fuel. Sent saw down.....may have neglected to warn groundie of the hazard. While he was moving around, or the action of the saw lowering, the section was jostled, and it fell, instantly killing the 43 old worker. Memorial was at his house, his girlfriend was speaking when Catrina (my lady and groundie) and I arrived way late. Today was their 9 yr old daughter's birthday.....I didn't know this beforehand. As we were leaving, Catrina told me to give her some cash as a present. She is so thoughtful.
Certainly a 100% avoidable and careless accident..but the event was not the place to discuss the tragedy in that way.

Rengo is a moron, there are many more around here like him. His climber Cole is an idiot as well. People think I'm an asshole when I fire guys like that for the simple reason they will kill themselves or someone else. I wonder if L&I will put 2 and 2 together. The complaints against me for no cause termination and the same individuals later being involved in serious accidents or fatalities.

Back