The Official Work Pictures Thread

He does not modify behaviour well. I have been pretty hard on him about stuff. He actually walked off a job one day for me calling him on his smoking on a brush line after being told to not to. SO I figured, you gonna walk off? Great. No more kid gloves. He knows now, I'll send his arse home and take the keys away. I tried being nice. His problem if he takes offence.

Elevation about 2000 feet Sam. Mid/upper foothills. Lot of oak and chapperal. Some gray pines.
Burnam, can't have a tree business with out the climber and business. I'll explain more privately.

Stephen looks like that guy is stuck under the log!

Rich, you should send that picture to Wesspur for the catalogue...it's fabulous. :)

View attachment 84199
Another beautiful day. Not sure if the houses below are in the pic. Slow go at it trying to get the one rope man to grasp the concept of a controlled swing. Nothing came off big enough to shake me from the limb but he tried. Others he just let run till they slammed the other spar. Going back for more tomorrow. I?ll get a pic of the actual trunks to show the spot we?re in.

Gorillas In The Mist

"Gorillas in the mist" lol

Ya that's exactly what I was thinking Stephen,we got a lot of that.
I Just don't get sent out there enough.
love that setting, I love the higher elevation/ mountains also but them foothills are somthing special too

Working under someone without a helmet is like asking someone to drive down the freeway with you on the top of the car roof... Doesn't affect anything but your concentration... affecting the whole situation.

East Texas sweetgum removal. The neighborhood children will now have to resort to rocks for their wars

Attachments

• 7971A160-79A3-4E1B-97AE-16D4C13F62E2.jpg
    7971A160-79A3-4E1B-97AE-16D4C13F62E2.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 44
With the amount of good tree pictures here, one tends to get a bit jaded.

That sycamore in the mist picture sure made me sit up straight and take a closer look.

WOW!

How often do you have to use a block on your line?

Still loving those chains?

We rarely use the block, but we knew this log was over 6600(our Max line pull) so we put it on. Butt log was 10200. Love the chains, those are our big chains, rarely used also.

Nice Paul. Still really envious of your crane.
Day two was cold and I feel a bit ashamed to say I didn’t get the rest stripped to a spar. It wasn’t even that cold. Upper teens with a wind chill near zero , but I’ve done much worse. Hands and feet like spades to the point I came down three separate times. Sorry, no pics today. I’ll do better tomorrow.

Back