The Official Work Pictures Thread

I think I must have had a brain fart as I was typing...

I should go back and correct my mistake but then it would make your two posts look like you were having one as well.

Slow ground help is frustrating Peter. As long as you got it done in a reasonable time with no damage though you did good in my book. Is the ash borer affecting the trees around you as well. I bet half my residential removals are ash

Yup EAB up here doing damage. I hoped for 3 hours but quoted for 5. I don't feel bad, Davey took 4 hours to fly a bucket on a smaller ash 2 doors down from my house. IMG_20160205_145623.jpg

You saying Davey took 4hours to do that tree with all those toys? They must spend there wages in coffee & donuts stretching a job like that. Not cool IMO

Pines and more Pines The other day's job and the log guys came and I had to stick around to help, and yesterday's location. A tricky one over an adjacent residence to the one in the photo, not in the pic. We said let's think about it Monday. :dontknow:

Attachments

• docs.jpg
    docs.jpg
    589.7 KB · Views: 53
  • edagawa logs.jpg
    edagawa logs.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 48
Why not plant big trees near buildings? ......oh right. The tension root or whatever.

9ae1ae1cb512aa28b995516c0d38f8f8.jpg

5d4cc476676ac8e02a300cbe1193da82.jpg

Buried tree with high water table and some rot.....

1defc3376e0b2423ef8122b53e308341.jpg

Deva, trees become unfriendly when you put them too close to buildings.
Peter, i was wondering how your grinder had progressed. Good job, man!

Jay, I love those crane trucks! Loads of guys have them in Bermuda for general deliveries and construction. I knew a guy had one with a 50' crane, we did a lot of work together.

Ok, I finally worked on a tree big enough to qualify for this recent spate of tree pictures.
The broken hung-up Lombardi poplar I told you about around Christmas. Most of the leaves finally died so I could get a better view, saw one suitable TIP right above in an adjacent stem so decided to give it a go without cranes or cherry pickers, owners needed it gone, it was creaking like mad in the breeze.
So, Saturday, no wind, several hrs later...done. Yes, I was slow, but way up there with 14" tops either heavily leaning or caught in the next top, I wasn't taking any chances! No blood, nobody died, tree is cut down to where its stuck, everybody's happy. Last picture is of a weary me standing in front of one of the trunks still left in the grove...I know I'm small but those trees are big!

Attachments

• DSC01021.JPG
    DSC01021.JPG
    336.7 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC01024.JPG
    DSC01024.JPG
    488.4 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC01029.JPG
    DSC01029.JPG
    348.6 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC01030.JPG
    DSC01030.JPG
    478.5 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC01035.JPG
    DSC01035.JPG
    441 KB · Views: 53
Nice pics, Fiona, great that the job worked out well.

Crane trucks are all over here too, if you are driving around, a day won't go by without seeing some. Oddly, unless things have changed, they never seemed popular in the states. I could never figure out why. For hauling work and construction like you mention, the only way to go. Lots of gardeners have a basket attacked to the end of theirs, and that's how they trim, move the boom around by remote. Metal fabricators, it's a given that they will have one.

Hahaha...it is the 2nd rat...1st is probably sweetgum.

Looking good, Fi!! That is one tangled up and broken up mess. Looked like a fine TIP...love the high ones for maneuverability.

Good Work, Fiona. I wondered about that project, recently, probably passing some lombardis or seeing them out my window.

Back