The Official Work Pictures Thread

thanks all!

Nice stuff Scott. :thumbup:
Climb any red woods while you were there? :/:

Not at the coast yet, but would love to....climb a few around here for removals bout it

SZjbUGY.jpg

I leave on Friday for Seattle. Cruising from there to Alaska on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We cruised out of Seattle on Saturday on the Princess. Will be back there on Saturday, to fly back home. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437429715.397505.jpg

Cool, have a great time.
It was 63 degrees here in Juneau today with sunshine !!

Was in Victoria B.C. last week and took a time lapse on my iPhone of your ship docking as seen from my Mom's condo. The inside passage on the journey up to Alaska passes some of the old logging settings where I worked. Mostly around Prince Rupert...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r42akmM3K4E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Crispy dead cedar, nothing technical, the key to this job was the tractor, with so much broken debris after chipping we used the grab as a rake, driving carefully forward with it at ground level till it was in a pile then scoffed it up into the truck. Plus of course loading the wood.

Sorry first pic is sideways.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 71
Ha, I know lots of guys here and elsewhere love their mini skids but I cannot see the advantages over a sub compact tractor, less ground disturbance, faster, plus you're actually sitting down!

You mean plus you actually have to sit down. I owned both at the same time. Mini skid > tractor, but tractor > nothing at all by a long shot.

BOTS , awesome pics man. That's a tall tree. Looked limby. :D

Thanks bro!
those coastal trees were very limby

Oh, and I noticed that you dont want to go to far with an under cut, woods very soft, I got bar pinched twice :|: :|: there nothing like the Ponderosa pines here :thumbup:

Working with Bixler today, had this very crispy bark beatle kill ponderosa pine, he was just a little squirt, but fun!

up and down in mabey 10 mins..lol...made sure and used black oak for TIP because of how dead pine was...safety first!! ;)

DKMnjPxl.jpg

Ha, I know lots of guys here and elsewhere love their mini skids but I cannot see the advantages over a sub compact tractor, less ground disturbance, faster, plus you're actually sitting down!

Your tractor looks very useful.

My mini is 34.5" wide when retracted, fitting through a gate, and tight quarters. Into a pick-up. Runs lots of attachments, like a tractor. You can steer a trailer in places like mad. On and off is quick and easy. Riding would be nice sometimes.

If you notice on my fourth pic me wrapping the "down rope" on my right leg to get out of way for dead/green branches to cut against trunk...this is what I like to do for safety...I swear, down rope always gets in the way...just saying

I like a non-locking biner on my bridge, sometimes, to clip the Down Strand in and out.

Back