The Official Work Pictures Thread

Today's elm. Had a shite start to the day as there were 7 cars parked under the tree even though it had no parking signs place out 2 weeks ago.

We managed to get most of them moved by phoning the owners but one of the cars was registered to a lease company. It took 2.5 hours to get it towed away. Rain all day made it a pain but we got it done and all wood removed and back to yard by 6 pm.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434650579.381906.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434650597.555636.jpg

Rich

I hate it when they park under the tree, years ago I used to have the contract for the City of College Park and drunk ass students would always leave their cars under trees that were posted. I hated having them towed so used to keep a slim jim in the truck and would regularly roll cars out of the way until one little prick called the cops on me for breaking into his car, cops were surprisingly cool about it but took my slimjim as they are illegal? Oh well wish I had that dick towed.

If the tree is posted etc., couldn't you drag it out of the way without causing damage?

Over here there is a number you text the reg to. You get an SMS in seconds with the name. Text the name to another number and seconds later you get another text with their mobile number. So we call them and ask them to move.

If they don't answer you call another number, the traffic wardens turn up check everything is signed for and then issue them a ticket. They then have 30 minute to move their car before a tow truck turns up. The initial parking ticket is 50 quid and the towing fee in 280 quid. So we try and give them a chance by going down the first route. There was no number for the Mini so they just towed it.

It was an expensive morning for someone.

Yeah... Heat chased me out at 5 hours. Still dead wooded a couple live oaks all lowered over a garage.

Man I hear ya!

those firs were about 150ft at the top, my TIP about 90 to 100ft, 200ft hank SRT with barely any left on ground, last 2 were sun exposed, it was like deadwooding a 400ft tree that day :O luv it though ;)

That's a bloody good system Rich, wish there was something like that over here.

I just call the cops.
They call the owner of the car and tell them they have 20 minutes to move their car or it'll be towed and impounded.

I've had some extremely pissed off car owners, but really I find it hard to give a shit.

Back when I spent a couple of years roofing, we had a woman park a little Fiat 127 in front of our no parking sign.
It was a friday, and before we went home, the fork lift operator lifted the car and placed it squeezed in between two big trees with no room to move..
I figured it would still be there when we returned on monday, but it was gone.

I was on my mobile Butch.

I usually use tapatalk for uploading with no problems. Last night it asked me to sign in and then said username was already taken. Maybe a glitch in the treehouse matrix. I'll try again.

This Mornings job. Deadwood a large silver birch tree, slight thin to tidy and cut back over roof of cabin to give a 2m clearance. We also installed a 4t cobra system to add support after an old steel cable brace was cut.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435245181.583890.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435245199.958027.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435245218.763963.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435245232.806749.jpg

Rich

Back