The Official Work Pictures Thread

image.jpg
Trimmed it up nice for them! Got all the brush off today. Made 50 yards of chips keeping all wood over 10". I had all the broken and fractured sections secured but was still nervous as a cat. It went great though. Have to take the wood down tomorrow. I'm gonna use double block rigging for most of it. My rope man adapted to it quite well and agrees that it will be the best choice for the situation.

Nice pic, nice looking job. What do you mean by 'double block rigging"

Haha, na, we use it plenty. Even the big trees reach all the way to the ground, nicer to stand in a bucket for that big wood than spurs!

There was an article on it I read a few months ago and a thread on treebuzz. You still have your primary rigging point but you tie the end of your rope off either close to that block or on another lead like a redirect, then you choke another block to the piece you're taking out. It adds a lot more rope to the system but reduces load on the rigging and gives you more lifting power. I won't do it in negative rigging. The article said you can go a lot bigger using it but I need it to bring the wood to a better LZ. The pic doesn't quite show the true spread of the tree. It would be to risky to swing the pieces back to the LZ with just one rigging point.

200' x 3/4" stable braid. It's over kill for the wieght but it's what the boss buys. It'll take most of that length to do it.

workin for Bixler today, I got 4 tall firs deadwooded , and Brian did a big dead fir removal and fell 3 firs and a pacific Madrone

RRyPfIwl.jpg

MTsrzVWl.jpg

iWoxumgl.jpg

Brians Bad tree removal...looks like it was hit with lightning

kwpLkJ4l.jpg

FD4UaKVl.jpg

EjTGeOUl.jpg

Anyone got a link to the double block rigging??

Willie big ass tree, kinda deceiving how big it is but Im sure it would give my crane a run for the money, how high was it??

Good job on the maple, looks like a beast in the heat!

BOTS tell Bix hes a pussy:P

Anyone got a link to the double block rigging??

Willie big ass tree, kinda deceiving how big it is but Im sure it would give my crane a run for the money, how high was it??

Good job on the maple, looks like a beast in the heat!

BOTS tell Bix hes a pussy:P
Maybe 130', not among the tallest up there but it was around 4' DBH.

Back