The Official Work Pictures Thread

Has the Chestnut moth made it's happy way to Britain yet?
Or the bacterial cancer that is killing them off here.

Horse chestnuts are in trouble right now.

We have both the Cameraria moth and the Phytophera. When it first arrived we were felling chestnuts left right and centre, but now it looks like a significant proportion of them can actually cope with both problems ok. I have three old ones in my paddock, they look pretty good until later on in the summer, then they go a bit brown. Apparently natural predators of the moth are thriving, small song birds I believe.

Same here, they start off nice then brown off and drop mid to late summer. Ruins a few previously glorious avenues.
Like you say Peter, it's been going on for a while, so far they seem to cope. I don't suppose many local authorities are planting them now. They make a poor subject for pollarding 'cos they rot away at the cut, although this doesn't stop the French of course.

My view from this afternoon, hauling some debris from a new home construction. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431627436.920086.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And this is over my shoulder on the other side of the road, Lake Guntersville. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431627523.969075.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

05348c164515c189fa7dff638182a422.jpg
b9b7e737345e68e25b1167bdf53aadca.jpg

Chipper back from the mechanic. Running like a top. Carb drilled out a bit. 38 years old, can't complain about a bit of maintenance. Loves to eat green maple.

Rigged out 6 maple stems, three very over the house, three off to the side, with only some landscaping to the side.

New guy Mike humped the brush up the hill, and worked hard, stripped and chipped.

Family cabin that the retired guy's grandpa bought in 1920's. Next generation (the 30 year olds) get to buck and haul up the hill or stairs.

That's an inlet on Puget Sound. I'm spoiled. A lot of waterfront and tall trees, watching the tide ebb and flow.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/9...0x5491a3d5fed8bfb7:0x9bdc0ccb111113b6!6m1!1e1

Bstewart might come up this way for some climbing sometime. Jed, you're close.

I live off Steamboat Island Road...my stomping grounds.

Rignall is the name of an old town. The end of Steamboat Peninsula has a little sea stack, for lack of a better term, with about 20 homes. This end of Steamboat was boat-service only, before the Steamboat Island Road connected to the Old Olympic Highway, that goes out to the Olympic Peninsula (with ONP).

It was starving yesterday. Just kept saying "FEED ME! I already swallowed the last bite!".

Its not my dream chipper, but its hungry and light, simple and cheap to operate, fast and easy to move by hand with minimal tongue weight, but tows easy. Untold hours. The hour meter has gone from 37xx-38xx in 7 years. Most of the time, it sticks.

I keep up on maintenance, and she treats me fine. Probably have $5000 total into it, in 7 years. Could sell for at the least $2450 that I originally paid, if not a little bunch more. Telescoping, swiveling chute with a deflector, wide throat. Can be moved by hand.

Its better to want what you have, than have what you want.

That being said a brand new Boxer was quite a jump, and damn do it love it.

That looks nice!
Today was a sad morning. Always hate disturbing wildlife. Had three woodpecker casualties, I'm sure from the impact.
6d9b409172841553065b807ac7cedb56.jpg

Then we got called out to remove a lead from a house.
74a7548b2d40fbfeb4efc78b5f91874d.jpg

968e299900cb3f29d2cb198f4dfbc35e.jpg

And booked three neighbors because of it:cool:

Nice prune szajer!

way to go risky, like the xtra neighbor work.

I fell a dead live oak yesterday and found a woodpecker when bucking it up....he was alive and still kickin but wonder if he made it thru the night

Back