The Official Work Pictures Thread

Marc, the last pic of the first set is my favorite. Nice job.

La Becasse, we used a controlled speed line on the top portion, then set rigging in the nearby Pine to finish the bottom portion.

Thanks man. All of yours are amazing. I always forget to take photos and usually they come crappy.

Had some intense heat recently that sent these poplars into a stressed frenzy. Summer leaf drop at its best, whole avanue blasted by hot wind and now looks like autumn on the ground. We probed soil with a fertilizer concoction to try and bring them back or help them through the rest of the season. More mulch has also been prescribed to help protect roots and ground from the hot summer sun.
Now we wait.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 89
Ash dismantle, mostly rigged, fire for the brush (nice!) and log and leave.

Lack of tea was the only downside.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 70
Nice work fellas. How come so many big pines go away? Beetles? Development?

Sean, pines just to close to homes, lot have been failing, branches break and go through roof, up-root, beetles and the like

but most important it keeps us off the streets and out of trouble...you know us tree peeps, right? :lol: :lol:

I imagine that smaller trees are less photogenic/ more likely to go to less skilled climbers doing it cheaply.

I used to live in Tahoe for 3 years. You guys aren't too far, but I know very, very little about the western slope. My friend lives in Truckee. I'd like to drop in on you and Bix sometime when I visit Brian in Truckee.

Wait, are you doing something to help Cottonweeds? Some other species?

Unfortunately....................yes, owner planted 300 mature ones 20 year ago, it's in a vineyard and there at the the end of the vines where the tractors turn around. Ground is as hard as concrete due to compaction so we have to do something about that shortly. Maybe I'll put a wee bit of roundup in the tank next time.:/:

Few of today's limb drop dominoes made for good fun with no damage wasn't sure if I could save the fence but the plan went off as executed.
aab65483bd271e4c482bde67f65c87a4.jpg

b883a8d391d67cf4ad9386f2a86e2ca4.jpg

23995f3ecc076e4e274337ee03de7d88.jpg

008179c48792b75415fdee14b2c1b804.jpg

This was just one cut to loose the big lead u haul parking.
72d1fad7ab1f593cc14b383ae650e068.jpg

Full of flying squirrels it was.
Devil tree, That will be the one I do for friends this weekend wish that I could have convinced them a year ago it needed doing. I know I'll be fine with my high line tie in but worry that its just going to disintegrate with a touch and the barn won't fair well. Glad to have it gone for their sake though.

Back