The Official Work Pictures Thread

Climbernz, Andrey and others Awesome pics by the way!!

It was "Ponderosa pine Saturday" vista pruning ;)

the 3rd and 4th pics you can just see the South Fork of the American river way below

1st pic is one of 4 I climbed today

Wow, nice view! Mine not so much today but the job went well. Even a cheering section:rolleyes:
Some of the pics the wife took.
asynereg.jpg

puve6a2u.jpg

gutypepu.jpg

Had it all off the house here, able to take em big.
u7ypyja7.jpg

We had cleaned the other half that failed a few months ago.
5ymu5ygy.jpg

BOTS very good pics, "vista pruning" what's that? Does it mean trimming to get a better view?
riskybiz; big tree! I like to keep my Saturdays a bit easier than that.

What a view! Nice pics.

Thanks Jim!

I don't understand all those biners and stuff. What's going on there?

haha, Butch its New school stuff, the bee's knees, 21st century gear ;)

the steel biner is for the hitch hiker, small red biner for the HAAS sytem, the biner behind is my home made CE lanyard

BOTS very good pics, "vista pruning" what's that? Does it mean trimming to get a better view?
riskybiz; big tree! I like to keep my Saturdays a bit easier than that.

LB, yes, for better view.....I get a lot of this in my area, probably my favorite type of tree work :thumbup:

I usally win the bid because I dont use SPIKES to prune the big Pondos, lots of old school guys do, I tell home owner I will climb without putting holes in trunk they say when can you start! :D

that last shot is amazing. what did you do when your deflection angle went to nothing?

Cheers. On the last pic I chunked it down in about 5 foot sections and the we tied them at the bottom of the rocks and banking and dragged the up and out with a hilux and pulley high in a pine tree.

Every time we worked on fruiting trees, a war would ensue with the rotted biodegradable missiles. I've had to pick applesauce from my ears more than a few times....
:lol:

Nice gig! Are you pruning for "looks" and shape, I presume, or for fruit?

Mix of everything lol.

Thinning out, structure, trying to get tops back over the badly scalded branches, leaving spurs. Basically thinned real good and branches reduced.

Its my old bosses gig. Supposedly its his last year, so ill take over if they go for it next time around. Ive heard that a lot from him though, but im glad to be there in this moment at least. Rekindled my love for pruning messed up ornamentals. Ive been doing mine at my house even, after work.

Back