The Official Work Pictures Thread

there's a mill i know of in doraville but i dont know the name off the top of my head , i could find out though. they dont have a grapple truck at this company so they are happy to get rid of the wood for free

here's a pic of the top going from helmet cam on the one i had to climb in the front yard

Attachments

• 002(1).jpg
    002(1).jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 65
Nice shot!

Groundies, alert, alive, and running to stay that way!

Sweet contract matie!

Jomo

Thank you guys , pantheraba, yes i do have the video,this is the first one I've ever taken worth a helmet cam and i know nothing of editing or computers, i think I've got it figured out though but the editing is poor. It's taking an extremely long time to upload to YouTube for some reason. I will post it when it uploads

Any particular reason ( besides being American) for making those stumps so high?

They are doing a large addition to their home and putting in a pool. The stumps were left high upon request. They plan on snatching them out worth a skid steer. For digging purposes i guess.All the ones toward the back will be ground.

Stig do you get deep snow? If so, do you have to shovel out around the tree while you log in the snow?

Usually, yes.
This year it has been deep mud instead.

And a shovel is part of the winter logging kit.
As a sometime skidder driver, do you enjoy riding over stumps that high?

Actually, the reason I asked was that they are milling the logs. So why leave part of the logs as stumps, which you'll have to go back after later, I presume?

I 5thought it might be for digging out purposes that they left them high.

Just wondering, is all. ( And of course I never miss an opportunity to rib Americans about their high stumps)

When I was logging full time I didn't run over stumps if I could avoid it. At first I did but my boss started inspecting the wheels on the skidder and found bark in the bead where the rubber meets the wheel. A good scolding and I avoided stumps afterwards. A high stump, obviously, will flip a skidder. I dont need to tell you that.

Good on ya for sensible driving habits, but is there a skidder on earth that doenst have bark in the bead?

Here's how to embed videos, Zack...

1) Do NOT copy/paste the page url.
2) Click the "share" button - a embed button will appear underneath/to the left.
3) Scroll down and click the "embed" button - a blue highlighted address will appear.
4) Copy/paste THAT address in your post.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LW5pEWSiFJA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good on ya for sensible driving habits, but is there a skidder on earth that doenst have bark in the bead?
Yes, the one I drove after I blew a tire and was told the next one was on me. I saw the bill for that 70" tire and can assure you I didn't rub stumps with the side wall after that. Run over low cut one's? Maybe. Rub the sidewalls and leave evidence, no siree.

Nice Zack, I've always thought unedited vid was cool. Good hustle, great use of the chain brake, and nice overall awareness… that tree didn't stand a chance.

Couple things worth mentioning was the cross over one-handling at 1:55.

And the limb you called for a lowering rope, then decided the hell with it and tossed the rope down. Just tying the rope on the limb and cutting it might save you trouble if it decides it wants to hang up.

Cool job, looking forward to more footage. Is that the Maxi Flip flip line, I like that set up.

Thanks for posting the video! I did not think it was boring.

Ultimate noob question here: Is the green line a safety line?

I agree about the non edited video. It allows some one like me that does not know how to climb to pick up some of the things you guys find boring.

Thanks for the compliments and constructive criticisms. Good eye bixler, i noticed the cross over too after watching it,made me cringe. And good advice on the rope. Didn't cross my mind. And yes on the maxi flip. I like the half inch its super light. I gotta have my steel core on those pines

Firefighterzero, yes the green line acts as a safety/second tie in. The tree was dying and had a large chunk missing at the bottom. Its also nice to be able to sit on that line and take weight off your feet

I like high stumps left for aesthetic reasons. You can always drive by later and see little ceramic bunnies or squirrels on them, sometimes even cute little elves with beards! It's heart warming.

Enjoyed that also Atlantaclimber. A few from today. Had a coon with me today on my removal it bailed off to another and found a perch in the top.
9ysarapy.jpg

y5u7ygut.jpg

8uzezaga.jpg

Back