The Official Work Pictures Thread

Yep, this is about the only place where a person can say that it is their mission to cut all the trees down, and not get looked at so funny like a weirdo.

fminus212214200606261ys.gif

I've poked around in a few threads, so I thought I might share a couple pictures of some recent work. I'm currently working on a 15 tree removal, trees overshading the house, one outright overhanging it. Couple of hollow/hazard trees but mostly healthy, just overgrown and in the way of a nice yard. I got through 2 of 15 last Saturday. I almost never carry my cell phone climbing so I don't have many pictures of my work, but here's a few from the HO.

The two from Saturday were the second and third trees from the right on the edge of the yard, both sugar maple. The smaller was hollow, the larger (third from right) was healthy but pretty big, 28" dbh. The large limb coming out to the left overhung the house.
View attachment 52796

Rigging down that limb in pieces, nice and careful.
View attachment 52797
View attachment 52798
View attachment 52799

I wonder what you did different in this thread to make the pics not visible in the post?

We got cold down here. Just above 0 F, last night, I think.

A little windy and high of 34 F. Bank job wants it done yesterday, so I rounded up my 3rd guy from summertime, after getting Erik on the way to the airport (partial shuttle to airport, completed by another friend going to seattle from an other area. Climbed, stripped, and chunked two 80-90' doug-fir, about 26" dbh. Helped chip and rough clean-up of most, in 5-6 hours. Not a lot of chips from those two, needles/ leaves/ fines make up a lot in the chip pile.

Limbs were light! Go buck the wood tomorrow, take down a split ash over the neighbor's building, and some hangers, or as much as possible in a short day, only a couple hours of childcare available tomorrow.

Bank owns the foreclosure, property management company wanted it right away. Hope to earn a good customer. Bid was for decent, but not Great money. Figured had to go lower in winter with a property managment company and bank.

I'm learning more and more to bid more for spreading trees around here, as fewer of the climbers can handle wide maples, walnuts, oaks due to limited rope climbing techniques.

I like those the best, too, so I haven't wanted to miss out on them, both for the moment, and to hone spreading tree climbing skills, as we have some many conifers.

Cold here too so its time for some maintenance. Decided to do the knife holders and drum bearings (Morbark 2400xl), inspection shows the bearings were also turning a little in the bearing blocks so they needed replacing too.

Shout out to Todd at Landmark Machinery in Michigan everything in stock and a set of used bearing blocks on the shelf for half price. Lots of Morbark knowledge too...

Nice to have the log trailer for doing the lifting, although it barely handles the drum.

IMG_1473.jpg
IMG_1474.jpg
IMG_1478.jpg

Cant wait to have a shop, nothing else for at least to get out of the house, walk around, wipe stuff down. Lol

Grapple yarder. I missed this, but are you a tree worker or logger? Or maybe both! What sort of trailer are you using? Just wondering as im considering making a high mount seat on mine and like to see pics of others.

The Hurricane with the 300 HP engine is the best WTC I've ever fed with a crane, it is awesome. The hydraulics ability to open wide, and increase down force, screams of high production know how!

Nice pics mate.

Jomo

The logging was when I was younger out west. Moved east and went back to school but my son got the bug to do tree work so I'm working nights and weekends to try and build a business for/with him. So much Ash removal work here we moved to the big chipper and the log trailer.

Our trailer is gooseneck style so no elevation of the seat is required. A few newer gooseneck trailers are running around where it appears they are attaching a platform to the base of the boom. So you and the controls rotate, much as with larger self loader style trucks.

LogTrailer.JPG

IMG_1273.jpg

Ive got the same trailer, less an axle and bumper pull. Ya i saw a pic ort wo of the way you mention, i thought about doong that. Though it would be much easier to just fab a higher up seat. Standing behind the controls is sometimes hard to see.

Though this would be nice. Got to figure out which hoses would need extending.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 49
Would need to extend the hoses for the jacks, pressure line from the pump and the return to the tank. Be nice to shorten all those hoses from the valve bank but that is a lot of work and pricey for all those ends.

You don't necessarily have to set the seat behind, it could be offset to the side which would provide an excellent view. This is giving me ideas...

Thats what i thought. I knew at the least the pressure and returns. Prob not worth it, will see how much i can squeeze out of whats there. Good idea with the side mount.

Do you know anything about changing the fluid in the turntable mast?

I removed a sequoia redwood today, Bixler climbed a sierra juniper and felled a oak....almost got it all bucked and chipped but the rain got us for half hour or so at the end...rain is welcome here ;)

kiss the sky?? :thumbup:

Bixler decked out in nice PPE tree gear, ready to drop oak

Thanks Limbrat, and Jomo (we moved the padding logs there with the Arbor Trolley).

Thanks Stephen. Same here, warm and by the fire.

BOTS good day to slay, till next time arbor-hero.

Back