The Official Work Pictures Thread

Jesus, that's miserable stig. A lot of saw to sling around for a dumb bush, and the derailments are rage inducing. Luckily, I've dealt with neither on that scale. Smaller bushes and smaller saws. Kill any chains in the process?

Or buy a hedger. Maybe one of those backpack spring jib deals as well. But yes hedges suck!

Last edited:
Stig mentioned wishing he used a lighter saw. I wonder if that would really be better? Seems like you'd be fighting bar droop the whole time. I bet that light bar's a good match for the 661. Going smaller with the saw might make it nose heavy. I have an ES on my 661, and I don't like the way it balances.

The Dane has a 500i, I'm sure of it... then again that saw is nose heavy with most long-ish bars because it's so light.

Off early today, and I have tomorrow off. Trimmed some willows at the RV park. Were almost done with that job, just a few trees left.

The girls will be out of town, so I'm supposed to go walk the dogs tomorrow. That gives me a chance to drop my big tool box off, empty of course. I also have some bits and bobs that will improve the camper stashed away over there. Still need weather stripping...

Great job Max, chunking on those exposed root flares can be a surprise w a bad bounce. Couple half sheets of plywood.

Those are deer stands…. I’ve only just started using them…. Someone said they are illegal in Arb but I’m sure cheaper than the $2500 Swiss grippers or bands…. Spikeless pruning is what they do in the resorts at west Maui…. It’s kind of a sketch feeling climbing up w deer stands on a skinny kinky leaning 80 foot tall piece of grass in 30 mph tradewinds then give it a shave w a machete, sickle and handsaw…. Haha haha ha. Makes me appreciate real trees w branches. IMG_0962.jpeg

You don't set a line and climb it on rope? Being in illinois I've never done a palm but i would have thought that was the way.

Back