The Official Work Pictures Thread

We were able to load 3 10 footers out of it. There is a bit of hardware in it. There was a bit of mud but that’s actually a slag driveway. Stuff gets a bit sloppy on top but is solid beneath it. The lawn damage is actually pretty minimal for what was dropped on it.

Easy bucket work Samuel. We’ve met in person, had dinner together plus a beer or three. You guys that climb everyday are badass in my mind

Working for the Fire Chief today...HAD to be over brand new concrete. Would have been nice to do the trees when it was just gravel...drop zone changed for the worse. Two poplars, got the smaller one done today and some of the biggie...it's probably 80 feet Would have been ideal for a bucket I think...ended up climbing two way out leads like they were individual trees and piecing them out...used the big tree for a gin pole to swing the pieces to.

Attachments

• Maxwell tree GL  (1)resized.jpg
    Maxwell tree GL (1)resized.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Maxwell tree GL  (2)resized.jpg
    Maxwell tree GL (2)resized.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Maxwell tree GL  (3)resized.jpg
    Maxwell tree GL (3)resized.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 57
  • Maxwell tree GL  (5)resized.jpg
    Maxwell tree GL (5)resized.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Maxwell tree GL  (8)resized.jpg
    Maxwell tree GL (8)resized.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Maxwell tree GL  (10)resized.jpg
    Maxwell tree GL (10)resized.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Maxwell tree GL  (11)resized.jpg
    Maxwell tree GL (11)resized.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 56
more

Attachments

• Maxwell tree  (a5)resized.jpg
    Maxwell tree (a5)resized.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Maxwell tree  (b3)resized.jpg
    Maxwell tree (b3)resized.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 60
  • Maxwell tree  (c4)resized.jpg
    Maxwell tree (c4)resized.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Maxwell tree  (d1)resized.jpg
    Maxwell tree (d1)resized.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 59
Sweet,sure do hate working right by them propane tanks like that. Seems you don't mind none!
Nice looking chips😁

We finished the two poplar job for the Fire Chief today. Rather than rig a lot of limbs we set up a zip line and dumped some decent size pieces (for us :D ) to a zip line...gave the new concrete some brushings rather than big impacts. More pictures later (when my grandkids let me use the main computer)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QqORYb-a5KQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and the second vid...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3Y4-39NbRm4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seems like there is a little tree in the drop zone for straight-down rigging. Good opportunity to zip limbs, landing them butt toward the chipper, and avoiding the tree.

Good eye Sean...that was a dogwood. We had his reluctant permission to remove if necessary but he was glad at the end we did not. The work positioning for lots of roping seemed bad to me...I wanted to spend as little time as necessary out in the swoopy areas. There were at least 3 other big pieces we didn't video. 5 pieces zipped vs at least 20 roped cuts and moving rigging around seemed like a good trade off..course I may be nuts:D

A little tree can be worked around. It just feels to me like people are speedline crazy.

Speedlining takes more time and effort that regular roping.

I only had to do it once or twice a year.

... course I may be nuts:D

LOL! Old guy swinging around a tree on the end of a rope while using a chainsaw, because he thinks it's fun, soft southern drawl but always within arms reach of a big stick to smack you with.... just saying that might be considered maybe a bit nuts by some. :P

A little tree can be worked around. It just feels to me like people are speedline crazy.

Speedlining takes more time and effort that regular roping.

I only had to do it once or twice a year.

If you over-complicate it, or have nothing in the flat drop-zone, then straight down is easier.

All a climber needs to do is another the bottom of the rope, and hold/ anchor the top-side, after it's redirected up high.

The taller the trees, the more horizontal gain is possible, and it keeps groundies out from under the tree.

Different trees, different strokes, different folks.

Groundies Never lock up a speed line piece that is rigged right. They can't.

I like to get a TD accomplished with as little work to me as possible.

Trust me - when it's time to speedline, this brother speedlines!

LOL! Old guy swinging around a tree on the end of a rope while using a chainsaw, because he thinks it's fun, soft southern drawl but always within arms reach of a big stick to smack you with.... just saying that might be considered maybe a bit nuts by some. :P

Dang, Dave...now that you put it like that I am starting to feel a bit pecan-ish.:D

Back